Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Members

More proof that TIIC are Idiots indeed. Obviously, TIIC have no plan for Deacon, but if they did, they didn't sure it with SK. How is he supposed to deliver decent work, let alone his best work, if no one is giving some context/explanation for why Deacon is suddenly raping Amber?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I came over to post that article as well.

I am glad Sean Kanan isn't trying to rationalize that storyline either, probably because he is just recurring so he isn't worried about being dropped from a contract but still I'm glad he thinks it was disgusting too.

• Members

I feel for the guy. It's not easy to play the bad guy, especially when things don't really make sense and you don't even know what direction your character is going or why they are going there. Deacon was a pretty decent guy by the time he left LA.

I felt the same for Daniel Goddard. I think he could have play Cane much better with a lot more layers if TPTB had made up their minds a little sooner about what was happening with the character.

• Members

And now Daniel is doing much better work since he knows more about the character. You can see these actors struggling, waiting for any clue. The only ones who don't are those who know their characters inside out and cut through the bad writing.

I feel sorry for Sean because I heard so much buzz when Deacon's return was announced, and since the rape, I haven't heard very much at all.

• Members

Thanks for this Y&RWordTurner. Very interesting read. Ok now, so not only do the fans not know the characters intentions anymore (and every character basically is unrecognizable), even the actors themselves have no idea!!! We've heard similar rumblings about the actors not getting meetings with TIIC. This show is in such bad, bad shape. The two lines caramia highlighted hit the nail on the head for me. Unbelievable!!!!!!

• Members

More bad writing coming up....

"Victoria" and Deacon will share a kiss, but also, "Colleen" and JT will share a kiss.

This sudden tension in the "Victoria" and JT's marriage would have been more believable had we actually seen their marriage develop on screen.

JT and "Victoria" suck and need to be broken up anyway. Although, I'm sure a JT and "Colleen" redux would be further back-burner material, since neither character is written for anyway, and Colleen is allegedly being killed off soon, so whatever.

Deacon just needs to go already, talk about a botched introduction and a botched character.

Not to mention, two very crappy actresses, in what is sure to be a story that is only played out for one week anyway.

This show is so unbelievably bad right now, and this is the writing regime people want to give time to? Whatever.

Archived