Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show could be much better, and I maintain that HS and SH need to go, but it's still good. I doubt I could ever bring myself to actually dislike Y&R, no matter how bad it gets. And I can't even imagine missing an episode. Call me a Y&R whore.

Believe me - Sursok is only a small part of my enjoyment of Y&R, and I was watching for years before she joined. I'm not like you and Leon.

• Members

Every time I get to do the counts I get more depressed by seeing some names. I've been waiting for years for some people to love, but they've got some amazing hold on the writers, and now it seems MAB has decided to start writing for them, which is just scary.

Today I was about to do it when I realized I was so disgusted I couldn't even type. (And no, I'm no exaggerating).

Thankfully (and I won't put this in the spoiler tags) Tyra and Ana are leaving town tomorrow in the US, and I'm hoping this is the last we're seeing Eva Marcille. Since she was signed as recurring, it seems she's gone for good, but why no report about this yet? At the same time, this probably means Vail Bloom will be gone as well.

• Members

I understand where you are coming from. I find myself having three or more episodes on my DVR and not having much motivation to watch them, but I do appreciate your episodes counts. Yes, I am not happy how MAB is ignoring my favorites, but I think those counts are important to show how unbalanced the show is and how favoritism on the writer's part is hurting the show. Even when Michael and Lauren were getting airtime I still liked to look at the count and always have.

Won't miss Tyra and Ana at all, but they did not have to have her sleep with Devon to write her off. I don't like when writers have characters they want off the show do things that are disgusting and out of left field. And I hate the idea that they could always bring her back in say 6 months with a WTD between Neil and Devin.

Vail Bloom may not be gone for good. After a few appearances in the next two weeks, CLB was written off the following three weeks and that was before he broke his wrist and needed surgery this past weekend. Tracey Bregman has four shows coming up in the next two weeks but after that has been not called in for the folowing three weeks with no news when she will be used again, so it looks like Likey will be off most if not all of September. Suprise, suprise.

Without Michael taking cases, I think this is a way to set up a rivalry between Heather and Rafe, at least in the short term. MAB uses some of her recurring actors quite often while others are ignored and she has been using Vail Bloom regularly.

• Members

All for shock and awe. :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for both Michael and Lauren, for the fact that they are rarely used and the fact that when they are - they're propping someone else.

VB herself said she knows nothing of being dropped from the show.

• Members

Looks like the rumor that "Colleen" will drown is true, so I am happy. If the show is going down, at least she's going down with them. It's a terrible thing for the show, but why keep clinging on to a character that died back in 2007?

• Members

Didn't you learn already that only death drives story for this woman? Just kidding, it's too obvious.

Well when I hear the rumor for the fifth different time I think it's real, but then again I might be wrong. A site is reporting that Traci will be back in time when "Colleen" drowns.

There will be some justice after all! Hope this makes someone fire MAB and Co.

• Members

I don't like this rendition of Colleen either, but they don't need to kill these characters that are not working. They just need to write her off, have her go to NYC to be with her mother and continue her education so that they can bring her back recasted as an educated career woman in her late 20s in a couple years.

And why drowning? Is that someone's sick little joke because her father drowned? Talk about overkill. I just don't get the way these people are thinking. Poor Tracey Abbott.

Archived