Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Members

After seeing Marcille and Bloom act over the past two days, I would have fired them outright.

Tyra sucks and needed to be written out long ago. And they've never had any interest in Heather.

With "Colleen" possibly being killed off soon, maybe this is their way of saving money.

But there's a lot more people that need to be cut. They can start with Adam and Patty Jane, two nonredeemable cartoon characters.

Also, getting rid of actors does nothing for the show if they can't even write properly for the actors they always write for. The cast needs to be trimmed, yes, but the writing is the biggest issue.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They could kill off Gloria, Mac, Amber, Cane, Daniel, Mary Jane, Adam, fauxVictoria, J.T., Devon, Lily, Kevin, Jana, "Colleen," Tyra and Jeffrey and I wouldn't blink. I guess I need to ask myself "why was I watching this show again for the past year and a half"?

And trust me, it's the writers that did this to all of these characters. There could be a few others added as well, Heather included.

• Members

Most, if not all of those characters should have been written out over time. These writers obviously don't understand them and they throw everything at them hoping it sticks, and it never does. They just love them so much that they can't see that these characters are not essential and their storylines have repeatedly been flops.

I understand how you must feel....

I agree, and it's never going to change as long as these same writers are there.

There's the possibility that things could get worse with another writing regime, but damn, I want to say they at least tried to save this show before it goes off the air like it and other soaps will probably be doing in a few years anyway.

• Members

It's frightening. I guess I was watching and hoping that things will eventually change because they seemed to get better. Every day a little hope died inside of me.

They are both off contract officially (it was in the credits today apparently), and we all know what that means.

And just so that I'm not misunderstood, I hate Eva Marcille's acting and her character, plus the incest isn't helping.

• Members

Today's Canadian episode is retarded in regards to the incest: Devon goes right to Neil today.

Where the hell is the intrigue and the waiting what will happen

Also, are we supposed to respect Devon because he squealed on himself? We'd respect him more if he didn't scerw his aunt

Archived