Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Members

Oh, she'll come back. Remember, she forced Jack to have sex with her so she would get pregnant. The camera zoomed in on the pregnancy test so the audience would not be confused later when happens. They will put her away then she will come back in a few months with Jack's kid. Naturally, she will take Sharon's child thinking it's Jack's and give it to Ashley.

Duh.

I didn't watch the show today. I couldn't. I really enjoy Nick and Phyllis (a rare feeling around here) but I could not stomach watching the EXACT SAME conversation this quad has been having for a year. Could not do it. Then, watching Phyllis being written as an idiot, about drives me to drink. Or turn off the show. Which, I finally did. The writers are in stalling mode again with these four (or rather three) characters and I can't bear to watch whatever the hell it is they are leading up to. I'm not sure they know. The writers think they are clever by having Noah speak for the audience but his frustration just shows how ludicrous every other character is being written.

I just...can't do it. Next week looks dull as a butter knife.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's true she hasn't been "Colleen" since AL vacated the role, but why kill off this character rather than replace her w/ an actress that can do her justice? And drown her just like the way her father just died GMAFB! Oh who the hell knows why they do what they do anymore, just look at Victor Newman, Jr. the cartoon character villan.

It's beyond sad how low this show has sunk at the rapid pace it has.

• Members

Destroyed it seems such a tame word to use at this point. :( You know what's even more ironic and indicative of the current state of the show....the show started tanking last summer ever since MAB in her "this is my vision" mode decided to take the show back into the 1990's trying to recreate something that just doesn't exist anymore. And the show has not recovered..it showed very few glimpses of it could be ok...but turns out it is like having a bad case of leukemia. Almost every older character on this show seems to be taking a trip back to the PAST, whether it's a couple or it is the individual characters themselves and it is so obvious that it DOESN'T WORK NOW or ANYMORE. As she herself in her writing has pointed out ad nauseum, you can't go back and change the past to what you want it to be and have it work for the future.

She is starting to lose the little longtime audience that she has without enticing new viewers who have never watched a soap before or would be even interested in watching a soap even if it was online. Their online #s may look good but it's probably just the longtime viewers who are watching it online as well anyway. In this day and age with cable and so many other things to keep people otherwise engaged and entertained, this current formula for DAYTIME TV will not work any longer. I said it a few months ago that CBS was probably looking for a way to slowly start backing out of the genre - it appears they have already started. With this economic downturn every company is taking a hard look at their business segments and trying to figure out where to cut costs especially when things start to not look so profitable.

For the first time ever in my 33 years of watching this show I am actually complaining and I can honestly say I DON"T CARE about this show anymore. You can only jerk around the few longtime fans that are still watching for so long and the worst part of all this is that there is not a single soap writer out there that can turn this around because they don't know how to write for the 21st century and we will just get more of the same.

It is very clear the writers think their current viewers are dumb and unintelligent and we don't grow as viewers. And because it's just a show it is not supposed to make any sense and we are supposed to just accept it..I don't know about most but for me when s/ls start to not make sense...it's a MAJOR TURNOFF - my brain cannot compute or reconcile with utter stupidity!!

• Members

How in the world could MAB still be getting the #s online and/or TV? How could she be getting any positive feedback at this point?

Jim, I agree with you--I'm a longtime viewer too but I can't say I don't care anymore b/c I do. It's painful to watch this show die a slow death so I won't torture myself--I stopped watching a little while ago. I can't say I don't miss seeing some of the actors and that I don't miss my Y&R b/c I do. But...having said that, I'm not sure I will ever really have "my show" back...

I don't know if she & her hacks think we viewers are stupid but I guess they really do based on some of the recent storylines and things we have been expected to swallow. I will never get over that a woman is allowing women in 2009 (including dumbing down & living only for a man, the pregant woman being tortured to the point of her baby being killed) be portrayed in this manner on "her show her vision". I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on w/ this team, why they are producing what they are, what their motivations are, how they obviously have no longtime goals, etc., why they are putting things on our tv screen that have no business on a soap opera.

• Members

I actually do care about the show, it just that I don't care anymore (what a conundrum, huh :lol: ) I happen to be very fortunate and have my business directly across from my condo..highlight of my day when I am not traveling is to make a beeline for home at lunchtime is to sit, have lunch and relax and watch Y&R..can barely do that now. I do think they think we are dumb and don't notice little and sometimes big things. If they didn't think that they wouldn't be doing it. Almost everyone can see the plots coming from a mile away, it shows that the audience have gotten smarter and so the writers should be adjusting to keep us off balance. And Devon sleeping with his former aunt after finding out just a short time ago she is not his aunt is not it...I said keep us off balance not make us to want to wash our mouths out with Listerine or make us want to take a bath or shower! :mad:

The point is, this is a show that is on 5 days per week not some primetime show where you see a plot and we wait until the following week to see what happens next. We are being hammered with this crap day after day after day after day after day..after a while it will take its toll and then people start to tune out and lose interest and won't care anymore...sort of like me LOL!!

• Members

Jim, I know you do care otherwise you wouldn't be here ;), just like all the rest of us. As sick as that Devon/Tyho story was, I can't believe he has already told Neil. See you have things like that where it's over in a day (not that I'm not glad) but what was the point if it serves no long-term purpose? and then you have stories that just drag on forever. I'm like you -- I definitely have lost interest and have tuned out. Right--crap like this Devon incest story, the gaslighting story which has drug on forever, Adam "cleaning" Ashley and burning the fetus, a young child being intentionally poisoned and brain damaged as a result, a dog being killed, a dog funeral, the chipmunk fiasco--too much has happened in too short a time. I sincerely hope that people get fed up enough to tune out--how else will this nightmare ever end?

BTW, wonder how's Adam "going on location" when he's on house arrest?

• Members

I am, of course, seriously pissed about Tammin's firing. But I'm actually okay with the way she's being written out. This way TS will have a place in history as the Colleen who grieved Brad's death, took on Victor, and died. And at least this way the AL fans who gave Tammin hell from day one won't get their way. (Yes, I know that sounds petty, but I'm not feeling very rational right now.)

Bloom and Marcille going recurring is very good news. Hopefully they'll both be gone by year's end. (Oh, and someone PLEASE give Tatyana Ali a contract!)

As for the Adam/Victor/MJ climax/location shoot, I actually think it sounds promising. Very reminiscent of the Matt/Tricia climax in 2001, am I right?

• Members

With this writing regime, it's not like ANY fan is gonna get their way. Unless of course they like Fast Food stories.

In fairness to Tammin, they should not have signed this girl to a contract if they had no intent on using her. And Colleen should have been one of Maria's first cast purges. Unless she planned on using Colleen(which she didn't), she should have let her go.

• Members

Tammin was fired?

I just found this out looking in this thread. I'm really sorry I know you are a big fan of hers.

PLEASE..... I hope Colleen is NOT killed off as some in this thread have said.

There is no reason for it just send her to stay with Traci since the Actress was let go, not kill her off.........angry.gif

Archived