Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was angry at the time about Tammin's firing. I still am. But if Tammin's going, I'm glad Colleen is being killed off (very unpopular opinion, I know).

I won't hope for MAB to be fired because I know it's never going to happen. But her henchmen have GOT to go.

• Members

Keep the faith, as I keep saying, unlike with B&B, the Bell's don't own the controlling stake in Y&R, Sony does. They can force her ass out anytime they want, along with her henchmen.

I'm hoping that will be the case by the end of the year. But if she must remain, I agree, she needs to get rid of her two (or three if you want to count Paul Rauch) henchmen and hire a better, more reputable and talented Co-Head Writer.

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs_rXxi0zhM

Australian racism rears its ugly head once again.

Also: It's unfortunate that Sursucks wil be the last actess this role knows. She doesn't deserve to take it with her, hell she doesn't deserve to take any Y&R pens from the set home with her :P

lol I bet we'll see Sursok on B&B as "Billie-Jean Spencer", Bill's daughter who has an inexplicable accent despite having never left the country or even met an Australian person. She will develop a crush on Thomas who contends that Billie Jean is not his lover, and that the kid is not his son (it is Rick's).

or, worse yet, Brooke says she switched Phoebe at birth, to usher back McKenzie Mauzy in a few years' time who sent an Austrailian replacement to her family because she faked her death because she was a lesbian.

Sure beats Owen's twin having an affair with "Steffy" who is actually Phoebe who had plastic surgery to look like her sister because she missed being identical as a child. Then Amber and her twin come to B&B and the double roles run wild!

• Members

I have no problem with her viewpoint on what she discussed re; Emmys. The process is whacked and I applaud her for stepping up saying how political it is. I don't think its sour grapes but highlighting the inequity of a flawed system. If someone spit on me I'd say something about it...I look at how the Winters are in their little cocoon with little(except for Lily) to no story with the rest of the cast...including Neil right now...so if she wanted speak her peace after 20 yrs odd years with the show...in a role that was created for her so be it...

• Members

I wonder what it would take (if anything) to get Curlee and her hubby to take over the show as co-HWs. Surely there must be a way. If not them, then maybe Broderick.

MAB could stay as co-EP with ... don't shoot me ... but JFP. She may be a bitch, but damn her GL looked mahhvelous.

• Members

With today's budget I'm not sure what JFP could do. I also imagine we would be saying goodbye to various older cast members, although Jess Walton already seems just about gone anyway and Ted Shackleford and Judith Chapman are dead weight now. I'm sure she would improve on Rauch, who was supposed to be so wonderful for production values and for improving the performances and has flopped badly on both counts. The hair on Y&R is now the worst on daytime, it's just sad. Bill Bell would be ashamed at the shredded bird nests which count as hair for a number of the women in the cast, Sharon, Chloe, Sharon, Mackenzie, Sharon...

I haven't seen Lorraine Broderick write anything above mediocre since 1996 but she would be an improvement over what they have now. Sheffer has to go.

• Members

Sharon's hair is just so bland. It just sits there... Sharon Case doesn't even qualify as a hair model. They should give it some shape like in this pic of Missy Reeves.

I'm waiting for Amber to pen Sharon's memoirs and call it HOT MESS: The life and Times of Sharon Collins Newman Abbott

MelissaReevesP2006.jpg

They F'ing better!

Archived