Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only one I could see them getting rid of is Walton. Ted and Judith will stay because Maria and/or CBS wants to keep both of them on despite the unpopularity of the two.

Carl no one in daytime has good hair anymore. Have you seen the hair on Days of Our Lives and Bonnie's weave on As The World Turns!

y&r_fan, I know I give Tammin a hard time, but I do think she could knock her last scene out of the park. Sometimes when a bad actor or recast leaves they usually give their best performance during their last scenes. Many didn't like Nia Peeples, but she went out with a smack.

• Members

I think Shackelford is tied to Barabara Bloom, if she gets canned, then he's out fo there as well. I hope they don't get rid of, or minimize Walton. They GROSSLY underestimated her popularity during contract negotiations, so maybe they now know just how popular and valuable she is. Really.. it's JILL that's so popular and valuable, whether it be Walton OR Dickson. I do think Tammin will do OK in her exit scenes, as she can do heavy drama just fine... but this will be the first time she's going to most likely be paired with Maitland for extensive emotional scenes. And in THAT scenario, I must say, Maitland's gonna make her look like Dog dookey. Being able to hold your own opposite Diamont and Luckinbill is one thing, but doing it opposite Maitland is QUITE another...... when Maitland cries, it rocks you to the bottom of your SOUL.

• Members

I know but it's really bad on Y&R now. Rauch was supposed to improve these matters. The wigs and weaves on Tyra and Olivia have been laughable but even the people they should know how to style, like Chloe, they put bad extensions on them or force them to grow it out.

• Members

I think Conboy is fine, he just needs a strong executive producer over him to keep him reigned in. It's hard, because there is precious little GOOD quality video of 70's Y&R out there. But having lived through the era... Conboy's Y&R made everything else on daytime look like complete and utter sh!t. The lighting, the music, and the scene fades from one to another were beyond compare. And considering it was live to tape at the time, his work is amazing. CBS didn't offer him his own show for no reason.

• Members

I think they may believe if they continue to diminish Jill's airtime and her prominence as a character, then viewers will be fine with her leaving. They have diminished Jill, Paul, Lauren, Nikki, making viewers less interested when the axe falls. Viewers who have only recently started the show may just know her as that thorn in Katherine's side who gets yelled at by Billy.

• Members

Conboy loves to waste money though, and have you seen his taste in writers? Ellen Weston? James Lipton? Yuck.

He also loves his tacky hair models.

Conboy is a genius with production values, but story content and and keeping a show on a budget are not his strongest suits.

H. Wes Kenney is reportedly a professor at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television these days, btw.

• Members

Is Barabara Bloom going to get canned? I hope they don't get rid of Walton, but look how they treat her character. LML really did a disservice to her character and threw her under the bus for Gloria. I'm sure being paired with Maitland could make Tammin do a better job. Since this show only think of women existing for men, her last scenes will mostly likely be with Luckinbill.

• Members

I just heard that Christian Le Blanc's contract is also coming up, so that may explain why not only Lauren but also Michael has been so diminished and why they are having Rafe take more cases and are bringing on a brother for Kevin. I think he would take a cut, but I wonder how much of a cut they would ask him to take. They have positioned Michael and Lauren with their latest little story of being fed up with the family, to be written out in a very undramatic way, probably just to get distance from the family. Other than that, they have no story and are not in any spoilers for the fall.

DD as Paul is getting decent story now, but I heard the show asked him to take another cut even though he took a big cut on his last contract which I heard he did. MTS will be back in a few weeks and will probably have a decent story. JW also took a cut, so I don't see her going anywhere. I do agree though that she has not had great story, but she at least had decent screentime for most of the year. Then you have KSJ who stated he was written out for 6 weeks in tat interview a few weeks ago which seems like strange timing considering his on screen daughter has cancer. With CLB and TEB, I just don't know if these writers are interested in writing for Michael or Lauren. After all they have the Scoobies, Deacon and Ryder now. :rolleyes:

• Members

I heard a spoiler from a very reliable poster/source at another board.

She said Patty Jane will take "Colleen" hostage during the second week of September or so.

It looks like this is how Colleen will meet her maker...

So, Mary Jane will be directly or indirectly responsible for yet another death. And people want this thing around for the long haul? Please. :rolleyes:

Archived