Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

VR still suffers from diarrhoea of the mouth.

"Black women don't sleep with their foster children".

And white women do? :rolleyes:

She makes everything about race. The Devon/Tyra story would have been just as disgusting if they were white. She can't keep up these outbursts and expect MAB to ask her back.

• Members

So Mary Williams is still living in town.Why bother mentioning that when she has not been seen for years and they have no intention of showing her.

Wouldn't it have been better to say she was now out of town living with Steve?

Would you like to see Mary ?As Carolyn Conwell is unavailable,who do you think could play the part?

JT mentioned his parents have been together for 30+years.Have they ever been on the show?Was any explanation given as to why they were not at their son's wedding etc?

Next up,Lily's grandparents suddenly get mentioned.As annoying as it is when these characters are forgotten,it's just as bad to have them randomly mentioned.

Couldn't an actress come on for a few days every so often to play Lilliebelle?Surely there are plenty of actresses in their 70's who would be happy to work and not be too expensive.

I'd rather see Mary and the Barber grandparents than Ryder etc

• Members

Ruby Dee as Dru and Olivia's mom, that'd be so awesome she's wonderful.

Victoria's still sayin what she's thinking and you gotta appreciate that at least... she doesn't care if she burns bridges she speaks out negatively and then says "call me" because they need her more than she needs them. Glad she's keeping her name out there though and stuff because it keeps the fans buzzing. She's playing this right.

• Members

Victoria Rowell said in a recent podcast that (I forgot the name) one of the actors that played Dru's mom and dad would like to come back. It's too weird. What is even more weird is that the writers came up with a stupid way to explain why Olivia isn't around. We know that Tonya isn't the problem because they didn't want to use her. It sucks what is happening on this show.

• Members

:lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcIbTNJi-xg

Why state the obvious?

In addition to her not knowing the "basics," she also gets into that rut that most beginner writers get into: writing about the same damn themes over and over again instead of exploring different characters, themes, and situations. I bet all of her undergraduate workshop stories were about fashion, art, or theft, since it's the only think with which she can have a deep emotional engagement. It's one thing to write what you know. It's another to limit yourself to only writing and caring about those kinds of stories, to the detriment of the characters on your TV show's canvas.

Despite the abominable portrayal of gays/minorities, I find her lack of concern for the female characters on this show most revolting. One thing they always teach you in workshops is not only how to be a better writer, but to be a better reader as well. To look for themes and what the writer is really saying about life and humanity through his/her work. You can't tell me she's watched Y&R thinking, "Our 18-49 will love watching Ashley have a miscarriage for the umpteenth time while her molester doc examines her." I wonder what is going through her mind as she approves these story ideas from her Co-HWs or as she comes up with these story ideas herself?

• Members

I haven't posted in a while and this show is still a mess. For some reason this regime seems eager to make all the mistakes which ruined every other single soap as quickly as possible :( I guess it won't be long before we get a serial killer or a sci-fi/supernatural story. At least JER how to do crazy in an entertaining way. What is this?

• Members

As I think back to Dru & Olivia father. CKLily does resemble him a little maybe I'm talking about the skin complextion. But I still don't like CK protrayal of Lily. Because LilyBelle & Dru are strong women & CK protrayal of Dru daughter comes off weak, boring, bland & needy.

Archived