Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Members

Three questions, only one related to the great racist/incest/foster care debate that's taking over this thread:

1) Why didn't Devon live with Tyra and/or Aunt Virginia? Seems to me that he barely knew the woman, much less had any deep feelings for her as a relative, so I can see why he wouldn't feel it was incest.

2) What started the Jack/Victor feud?

3) What escalated that feud to the point that both are willing to break the law, work with psychopaths, etc, to get the other one? They're always talking about the feud but never the reasoning behind it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course I'm not comparing them. They're in two different categories: Cooper is a 35-year vet and Khalil and Sursok are relative newcomers. Apples and oranges.

However, given her 35-year history, Cooper SHOULD be miles ahead of Khalil and Sursok. But the way she throws her arms around and exaggerates even the most insignificant lines makes her one of daytime's biggest overactors, IMO.

But clearly you disagree, and that's fine. My point is, you essentially implied that because I happen to like Khalil and Sursok, I'm some sort of nutjob and my opinions aren't to be taken seriously. JUST because I disagree with many of the things Victoria Rowell says. I didn't attack you personally and I don't see why you can't extend the same courtesy.

Assuming what?

• Members

Just because some of us on this board don't like CK & TS doesn't mean that other's don't elsewhere but really, who cares anymore?

Cooper IS miles ahead of those two subpar actresses but that's not saying too much either. IMO, Erika Slezak (Vikki- OLTL) is the biggest over actor in daytime.

• Members

Well, scryber, you just flipped the top box on the 10,000$ pyramid. That's EXACTLY why this story isn't that outlandish. And people can't seem to realize that the writers just MIGHT be playing this to show how being raised by a crack ho and bounced around in the foster care system can psychologically twist and damage a child. Granted, he finally did get a decent foster family, after he was essentially grown, and the damage was done. This show has always loved to play childhood trauma warping characters... heck, just look to Kevin for proof of that. Until Tyra came on the scene... Devon never mentioned the bitch ONCE. The writers put out alot of crap, especially lately... it's just that some are big, fat crybabies when the poop SL's are given to black characters. Well, it's a new day, honey.... and that means the black characters get crap SL's like everyone else. Equal opporotunity to suck, is what it's called.

• Members

Ummmm....

Devon's said numerous times that he and Tyra were close when he was growing up and that she was like a second mother to him growing up. Of course Tyra is a MAB creation, and she didn't realize that if Devon was a foster child and he was close with Tyra, then why didn't she take care of him? That was a hole in this story from MAB and her henchmen's part. They weren't being faithful to "history" when they created Tyra.

Also, under MAB's crappy Y&R, Devon spent all of his life thinking Tyra was his mother's sister, and automatically when she wasn't any longer, he started lusting after her. THAT'S WHY it's OUTLANDISH.

• Members

Of COURSE nobody should get crappy SL's, you'll not get any disagreement there. I'll put it as simply as I can, this is where I'm coming from: When so much sucks in the way of SL's, don't act like you should be exempt from having to partake in the suckfest just because your'e black. True equality doesn't mean you get all the perks, and none of the pitfalls.

• Members

To be honest I think Tyra was a pathetic way to replace Dru and they kept her for so long because they didn't want to admit that Eva and Tyra were duds. I'm sure they were better actresses than Eva at the audition, but tptb probably thought "she's sort of famous outside of daytime, let's use her anyways maybe she'll bring in more people."

Archived