Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Members

Well, Kevin tried to kill her and look where he is now. I'm not sure why people are suprised they would kill Colleen off just because we saw her as a teen. They killed Cassie and viewers saw her grow up. Her death did provide story, but her parents have turned it into a farce. The writers see Cassie as this excuse for her parents to shack up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, totally useless, and given the worst of the worst stories on this show.

I know these idiots in charge are going to whitewash Patty Jane's crimes as much as they did Kevin's...

There's no one really left to feel the aftermath of "Colleen's" death. Traci will only be there for a short time, and after that, the entire Abbott clan will move on to other things. They're sorely lacking in the family dynamics department on this show. The bonds between family members are so lose and hollow.

• Members

You're right. I suppose I am more invested in Jill, Nikki, Paul, so I see their decline more. I didn't mean to leave Michael out. I know that he may even have it worse because even though he's not onscreen that often, Kevin is constantly, so people say, "I'm so sick of those Baldwin-Fishers!" like Michael is the star of the show.

• Members

You and I might not like Kevin, but he is popular and is considered a viable character on the show.

Judging by what has been going on in the show right now, JT may have more concern for Colleen's death than her own family and he'll become a klepto and a man whore. I'm sure they are going to have Billy mourn her the longest.

• Members

Oh, I don't disagree that the idiots in charge consider Kevin to be a viable character, or else he wouldn't always be on the frontburner in some inane, cliche, and nonsensical storyline. They seem to really like the character, but they have no idea how to write for him. Then again, who do they know how to write for?

:lol:

Watch Colleen's death be a plot point in breaking up JT and Bortoria.

And doesn't everything have to be about Billy on this show with these hack writers?

• Members

When people say they are tired of the Fisher-Baldwins I don't think they mean to include Micheal, Lauren, or even Kevin in that. It's mainly Gloria and it doesn't help that she and her husband are going to worm their way into multiple storylines this fall.

That's sad considering they could just had JT get his personality back and that would have caused problems for Victoria. Honestly, Jolleen as a couple haven't worked in years. Even if LF came back whos to say she and Thad would have the same chemistry. So I'm hoping there is some good fallout from her exit.

• Members

Why on earth would they be waiting to find out that Sursok will be filming again when they are supposedly weeks ahead in filming these scenes? Plus, they've not given her anything much to do except prop everyone else up.

Does it seem like they will be using the vets even less and the younger crowd even more: the Scooby gang, Lily, Cane, Billy, Chloe, and so on? I wouldn't be surprised at all by this, look what GH has done which I'm actually starting to like more now than Y&R... never thought I'd say that! You are probably right about using Colleen's death to break up JT & Vikki. They should pair JT with Heather.

• Members

Why do they need to pair JT with anyone so soon? We criticize Lily for jumping from one relationship to another. When was the last time JT had a storyline that wasn't a romance? Has he had a storyline that wasn't a romance? Please don't say the singing career, I always thought that was part of the Jolleen story.

• Members

Heather is also now recurring, so a Heather and JT pairing would be as useless as the current JT and Victoria pairing...

You know they won't devote any real screen time to that pairing, especially one that is just beginning or has anything resembling an ounce of romantic depth. Y&R must be cheap sex and adultery all the time, according to this writing regime.

• Members

ITA. They don't know the meaning of the word romance. But just thinking about ANY pairing being written good is painful for me because I know other writers can handle it, but not this bunch of hacks.

• Members

Monday: Heather and JT argue and have sex on her office couch!

Tuesday: Victoria walks in on JT buttoning his shirt. She's shocked!

Wednesday-next Thursday: Other stuff that has nothing to do with the story.

Next Friday: Victoria and JT are divorced.

Monday: The role of Heather is now being played by Eva Marcille...

Archived