Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just read some fall previews from another site, and yeah, nothing is changing. It all sounds like the same stuff that's been going on all year.

And it also said Gloria will be invovled in multiple stories, yeah, just what we needed. :rolleyes:

So people kept saying we should expect some changes in the fall, if any. But everything that the fall preview said in regards to people like Patty Jane and Adam sounds like the same crap we've seen all year to me.

Though they did say people would see Sharon in a different light when her lie is revealed. But, too little too late. Her motivations were horribly defined in the first place.

This show is a mess and this writing regime is just hacking it to bits...

• Members

Rikaart should have been let go after he tried to kill Colleen, but the show wanted to keep him on because he was a good actor. (Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while). They had Lauren and Mac prop him and had thrown Colleen under the bus because she refused to forgive(at the time) the guy who tried to kill her.

• Members

Sadly, even on the other CBS soaps, there seems to be some long-term planning, even if it's a bit chaotic. On Y&R, it doesn't seem like anything is being planned and as if the writers don't know what they're doing, so they're making stuff up as they go along. I think this is clearly a major flaw with this writing regime, and not any interference from CBS.

• Members

I don't want any actor to have total control over their character. Some yes, but not total. Plus is there any truth to these rumors about the show trying to lure VR back? I liked VR as an actress and Dru is desperately needed by the Winters, but could this be just VR once again stirring up the fans to put pressure on the show to bring her back?

I just don't get her passive aggressive act with Y&R. One would think she would want to move on after everything she said about the show's agenda and certain fellow castmates, yet she loves to throw these little reminders out that "Dru is still hanging on the side of the cliff" business. If she did hope to come back some day then why has she told so many tales out of school and burned so many bridges?

• Members

The difference is she left the show and asked to be let out of her contract early. She has done a number of interviews where she stated some major problems with her time on the show. I respect that, but then if she was that unhappy or felt she was treated that poorly then move on. And if these rumors are true about Y&R in negotiations to bring her back why advertise it? And if it is just a ploy to put pressure on the show to hire her back, then she needs to stop playing the fans this way. We will see if she is actually brought back (which I would like) or nothing happens and we start this cycle all over again in another three months.

Archived