Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know that some of you are going to kill me for this, but I have to ask what is the point of reuniting couples that haven't worked in years? I get that Jolleen and Bac were popular back in the day, but when the actors that made the coupling popular haven't been on the show in 5 to 7 years and the recast haven't been able to create the same magic it's time to move on. Clemintine as Mac could be better if she didn't have to recreate some storyline from 10 years ago.

If you are going to hit me make sure it's with soft objects....okaywink.gif

• Members

Naaah I totally agree with you -- it's very forced and especially taking into account that it's all recasts (except for JT) in these 2 couples...how do you "recreate the magic?" The answer is you don't. Neither of these couples as they currently stand, have any chem whatsoever. I have no idea why TIIC are force-feeding us these been-there done-that couples.

• Members

At least I know it's not just me. I would read comments on SOC message boards and DC comments that Tammin and Thad have chemistry, but I don't see it. I know compared to Amelia Tammin has more chemistry with Thad, but so did Zapato, that statue of Sabrina, and Paul. There are also people who think that Clementine and Billy have chemistry.

I think the reduxes hurt the actors. When Adrienne Leon was Colleen I felt that JT made her immature and I wanted her with the professor. Since AL was a different Colleen than LF the dynamic she had with JT was different. Billy and Mac are so much better when they don't have to do the high school romance thing.

The Jtoria/Colleen thing is the exact same scenario as the Damber/Colleen thing. Colleen throwing herself at a guy who is taken, this time a married man with a kid. How long will it take for Colleen to take off her dress in front of JT? I'm sorry but (like Bac) Jolleen is a shell of their former selves.

Aside from Shick and Nikki/Victor I didn't think Y&R did the whole destiny, supercouple thing.

• Members

Yep, the one and only, thankfully!

:lol:

For me, it's simple, I still remember the days when this character was sweet (LF) and then with AL she was feisty, intelligent and sexy as hell...

Hopefully, it will be her last remote location shoot; we also have to be careful what we wish for!

Yes, she definitely has a place in Y&R's history as the girl who Aussified Colleen Carlton and killed her simply with her being cast in the role... While I'm sure that you will not agree but Tammin does not deserve to be the last actress who portrayed this character!

Chemistry between couples is a strange thing although I completely agree with your post. Some are such fans of the performer(s) and/or of the couples that they will see chemistry even when there is none. The Jolleen fans are a perfect example of this, in my opinion, they see chemistry when there is very little to none simply because they want the couple back together. I liked Fonseca and Luckinbill back in the day but when she (LF) came back, I didn't think the chemistry was the same. Furthermore, when Leon was cast as Colleen, they didn't share the same chemistry although they did have some hot scenes together.

• Members

I never thought that Jolleen was a long term couple. Once Colleen had to mature and not just be sweet I thought the chemistry was going to be different. I always wondered what contributed more to the couple's success the actors' chemistry or the storyline. When you look back at their love story it was a teenage girl's wet dream. Cute reformed bad boy singing songs for her and saving her from a fire, seriously teenage girl's wet dream.

They don't bother me as much because they are not the end game and not in it for the long haul. Most fans have figured out that Victor is always going to go back to Nikki, but I can feel your pain.

• Members

I'm not sure if they ever have an end game, I think they just flip back and forth. Even if they do plan to go back to Victor/Nikki, a major part of the Vashley reunion was her love keeping him sane after Sabrina died. I never saw a flicker of that love. Part of that is the bad pacing and writing but I'm still surprised at just how devoid of chemistry they are.

• Members

Crikey. The racism is off the charts!

Good riddance to SureSucks, we've been calling this for awhile. She doesn't deserve to take the character with her, but thus is Maria Arena Bell. The ship is sinking, and nobody has the sense to throw Sheffer (an obvious choice) out of the boat, but anyway, at this rate they'll all go down with it and we'll maybe get a change.

Just wait till the Dru-recast, which will certainly be a fiasco, and when the demographics start getting super pissed, the tides will change, if we're lucky.

and Nikki with Katherine's son/the farmer? Ummmmm Katherine had a DAUGHER (Who is Reva Shayne bahahaha) but still... that's just sloppy. It's Katherine and Murphy, Victor and Hope, Mickey and Maggie (Days) and just about any other amnesia falling in love story you can imagine.

SLOPPY

Archived