Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Members

I'm not watching so hope this isn't a spoiler but did I read that Chloe wants Billy to have full custody of Delia? WTF???? These writers are simply off their rockers, thanks once again HogHead. A woman like Chloe couldn't possibly be a good mother, give the kid to the man and WHY--WHERE DID THIS COME FROM?? ...WTF!

ETA: Becoming a mother is what redeemed Chloe in my mind.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I heard that this "wonderful" writing :rolleyes: was rewarded with a "5-year contract renewal..OH NO,I mean... wait it was for 2 years instead :lol: and was followed up with the US president of Sony Entertainment who was most likely ordered by his Japanese bosses to get his arse down to the studio pronto--well they are Japanese so I am sure it was politely said but the meaning was very clear!!! :lol:

And u know, people can blame it on the soap genre dying blah blah..well if it is dying and they want it to live, this is certainly not the way to fix it and frankly I can see CBS looking for a way out. I came home from lunch today, turned the telly on..10 minutes into the show and I switched to HBO. I want to watch the show but this stuff is not ENTERTAINING. There is NO EXCITEMENT to any of the storylines, nothing to get your blood pumping and eager to see..s/ls are generic, poorly written, poorly executed and completely plot-driven. And we have always had dark storylines but NOT ALL AT THE SAME TIME!! :mad: I am praying that these plots have some point that we have yet to see and can only hope that I am not deluding myself into thinking this could get better.

And the thing that drives me bloody crazy most of all...is that the younger generation/newbies and their characters they have been showcasing are as "boring as dirt". No commanding onscreen presence whatsoever. They are all FLUFF!!

• Members

Wednesday's Show:

Gotta love how much they 'value' openly gay Thom Bierdz. Homeboy is wearing the exact same shirt he wore a few weeks ago. You mean fashion whore Maria couldn't get him a different shade of plaid from the Burberry Catalogue? Really? So what is she good for? Not only can she not organize this out of control story structure and misogyny, but the fashion maven can't even be bothered to at least not allow characters to repeat the same shirts? Last I checked, Phillip III wasn't poor.

And another thing...what with all that nasty ghetto makeup and that awful weave on Eva Marcille? Someone please tell the Y&R people that not all black women were extras in the Tipdrill video.

LOL. Eva Marcille's crying was just laughable. And that sudden making out...where the hell did that come from? And Devon and Ashley Banks are all of a sudden makeout buddies? Close in a relationship now? Really?

Great and now Ashley Banks just barged in, and they didn't hear her? Devon's got an excuse, given his Helen Kellerness. But Tyra? Watch them downplay how incestuous this crap is.

Y&R is no longer daytime's most watched drama series. It's daytime's most watched comedy series.

• Members

Well... I know some think I'm a polyanna... but my official position on Y&R right now is: The produciton is fine. The writing is "problematic", but not HORRIBLE. It needs help, not an overhaul. The pacing is an unmitigated TRAINWRECK. So that's my opinion on things right now.

• Members

This is how they're proving the Phillip story isn't just another stereotype. Phillip has the fashion sense of the bear sidekick on Home Improvement.

I mentioned this briefly in the episode thread yesterday but I still feel kind of bad for Thom in that I think he's been better than the writing and pacing of the story. I don't think the story has worked, if you can even call this a story - I haven't seen such an anticlimactic return from the dead, a real death not an obviously faked one, ever - but I think he's done an OK job. He works well with Nina and Cane. There's just nothing for him to do.

• Members

I'm for real...when I saw Eva Marcille "crying," it was reminiscent of the jail scene with Engen and Braeden. And for them to just kiss all of a sudden? Where was the buildup to that? And Ashley Banks having that WTF look on her face like that instead of demanding to know what's going on?!

Yuck!

The queen of ponchos and tacky tablecloths strikes out again!

• Members

So Bloom and Marcille are officially off contract. I was thinking of keeping track with the show without watching it, but I'm being tempted to drop the show completely just because idiots are prevailing on the show. There's no justice at all.

Archived