Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Y&R desperately needs a Linda Gottlieb/Wendy Riche type to make it relevant again.

It seems as though they're all living in the own little bubble sadly. I'm glad the Bells invested well. Too bad their egotistical laziness and lack of enthusiasm are both at the expense of the fans and the people who work for them.

• Members

I hate it. They're probably thinking "they have no idea that this is coming up, we merely had two lines of people saying that they have the same due date even if they don't." They're probably proud of themselves thinking this will surprise us like never before.

I HATE THIS completely. The actors don't deserve this, and the characters don't deserve this.

• Members

MARIA: Hogan, I think they caught onto the baby switch.

HOGAN: We have to give them something they never expected. What if

MARIA: That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard and I'm pretty stupid myself. and anyway isn't this like on your other show?

HOGAN: What other show?

MARIA: That one on NBC... I don't know the names anymore its not like I care about this genre.

HOGAN: Well, I was pretty high all the time I don't remember it's kind of a blur.

MARIA: I think I'm getting high just sitting beside you: A cheetos contact high.

• Members

The Baldwin-Fisher family isn't getting any bigger. And it's not like they are much of a family on the show anymore. The only ones who get story are Kevin and Jana. I bet you anything Jeffrey, Gloria, Eden, Lauren and Fen will all be written out this fall. Michael will be kept around to prop Kevin, Jana and the rest of the Scoobies, while MAB centers the family around Kevin and Jana and any siblings she brings on which you can bet will be actors under 25. Tracey Bregman will be a victim of the Gloria hate and the fact Hogan Sheffer hates writing for older vets and happy couples.

A couple people told me about some rumors this fall involving a Michael and Lauren and a divorce. I posted it on a Likey thread at SONY and we were talking about whether we thought it was true or not the next day and then SONY pulled the thread and deleted all the posts from when I first posted the rumors. That had never happened before. We were given no explanation and the thread appeared again five minutes later. I think it is lame because it's not like they can edit our thoughts. That reaction makes me think the rumors are likely true.

I don't care about Gloria and Jeff, but I do care about Tracey Bregman and Christian Le Blanc and I don't want to see them propping the Scoobies then tossed aside.

• Members

Christian and Tracey existed years on this show with no family members.

Kevin, Jana, Gloria, Jeffrey, Eden, and now Kevin's possible long lost brother all need to go. These characters have been fed bad story after bad story at the expense of others. Most of them have committed too many crimes, and are unsympathetic, yet TPTB keeps them around for some strange reason.

I see no reason to give Kevin a long lost brother, it makes no sense and it's the last thing Kevin needs. They obviously have no idea what to do with him, the rest of the Scobby gang too, so they throw everything their way hoping it will stick, and it never does.

This show has too many actors on contract, they last thing they need to do is add more, especially when so many are neglected.

What is giving Kevin a long lost brother going to do for him? :huh:

• Members

I totally agree, but it won't change anything. Christian might get some story but he ceratainly isn't a priority, and Tracey is being completely ignored and not told anything. They both said they hoped for a story this fall, but clearly have not been told that they will get story.

I think MAB and HS have been replacing Michael and Lauren with Kevin and Jana this entire year. So now they are repeating stories for Kevin that were original Michael stories. They are bringing on a younger sibling for Kevin when they did the same thing with Michael last year and then proceeded to drop the story. They already said Amber will be working in Michael's home office (which never existed), so how long before Jana, Kevin and Amber are moved into the Michael and Lauren condo set?

We don't need any new actors, but there are spoilers of two more coming on the show, a sibling for Kevin and a trouble making girl who appears to be an young woman in her late teens also be centered around the Scoobies and Phyllis.

This show feels split in half. MAB is flling up her side of the canvas with her favorite family, the Chancellors (in less than a year Chloe, Billy, Nina, Philip, Mac, Chase, and Delia have all been added) and on the other side you have Hogan and the Scoobies and he keeps adding young actors. Cane and Lily will be tied into the Chancellors through Cane.

Then you have the never ending triangle of Shick and Phick, a little story for the Abbotts and Victor.

Anyone else might as well be looking for work and tightening up those resumes. They can't keep adding all these new characters without moving out other characters and based on who is being neglected now, it isn't too hard to figure out who is going to be dumped.

Archived