Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My biggest problem is with the writing and casting, but the hair on the show looks so bad most of the time.

This MJ story has become such a nightmare. What I hate the most is that when I read hype for this story at various sites or on the SOD cover it's all "wait until you see what she does next!" and she "seduces" Jack. She raped him. This isn't a fun stunt. This isn't shocking and crazy. It's a violation, and unfortunately, those now at Y&R have enough disregard for Jack that I don't believe they will treat this as anything other than a joke or a cheap plot point.

• Members

There's no way that would work, EVER. Not unless they show only GRASS. Wisconsin is green, lush..... while LA is nothing but palm trees, and a bit of green... the parts that are hit with lawn sprinklers 3 times a day. But that is VERY rare considering the water shortages they have west of the rockies. Wisconsin is very much like where I live (ozarks) only colder. Los Angeles only gets 15 inches of rain a year, while I get 36 here, and Wisconsin is about the same. I've been to Los Angeles, and once you drive out of sight of an irrigated flower bed, the scenery looks like someone dropped a nuclear warhead on the place. Nothing but BROWN.... everywhere. The beach and oceanfront is the only part that's pretty. The scenes they shot during the Billy/Mac wedding were done in Pittsburgh (Jill running through the woods) and that looked accurate, her running throught he green grass, brushing aside the horse chestnut trees, it looked like a normal hardwood forest. You may not be familiar with this aspect of the US living in the UK... but climatalogically speaking, the outdoors west of the rocky mountains and east of the rocky mountains might as well be in two different countries, it's a DRASTIC difference.

• Members

The MJ story is completely out of control.

it started off with promise as Victor summons a woman from Jack's past(???)to extract revenge for Jack's role in the diary scam.

Then almost immediatelty,it tapers off.Victor then announces,for no apparent reason,that he has dropped his plan.We never knew what it was in the first place.

Then we have the hints she is Patty,although she in no way resembles Patty in appearance or personality.Paul thinks he knows her,but that goes nowhere.

Viewers aren't given any background on what Patty has been doing for 20 +years and why she has become this psycho.

When the big reveal does come,most viewers will be saying so what, as they wouldn't even know Paul had a sister.

Paul has precious little story as it is.

As the character has no depth,I'd rather she was Lindsey Wells rather than Patty.

Re location shoots,why would Y&R travel to Pittsburgh,of all places.I remember one location for a car accident(was it Phyllis running down Christine?)where they taped there and all you saw was a street.Surely this could have been taped in LA?

• Members

I'm not going to wrap this in spoiler tags, but one of the mags reported that Ashley will soon think she was the one that killed Sabrina.

Can this storyline get ANY WORSE? It's officially a train-wreck, and it's expiration date was weeks ago.

And how about that one-note cartoon Patty Jane, whose list of crimes just grows. Raping a man and killing a dog in the same day. Yeah, real longterm potential for her. :rolleyes:

Y&R = train-wreck.

• Members

Ooops, I mean raping a man and killing a dog.

This character is ruined.

You know how bad these writers are. Her redemption will probably be crying and saying she's sorry for 5 minutes and then they'll drop everything.

She's committed WAY TOO MANY CRIMES in such a short period. I don't care for her anymore. Such a cartoon.

Zapato wanted some of her Kitty too! :mad:

• Members

MJ: Jack I am really sorry but like that one time you cheated on me so I shot you, yeah then I felt real guilty about shooting you and it made me crazy and if you dont forgive me I'm going to shoot you again

JACK: Well, you said you were sorry. How can I stay mad at you?

PHYLLIS: You made our daughter retarded

NICK: Phyllis! Didn't you hear the lady. SHE SAID SHE WAS SORRY

VICTOR: Well, if she's sorry that's good enough for me. You got that?

Archived