Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't been watching Days as often and Y&R is getting to the point where I don't care if I see it or not either. I never dreamed that I could ever go soapless while the ones I usually watch were still on the air.

I didn't care for the way Neil treated Tyra today at all. She isn't Dru but at least she's trying to be there for him in his time of need and etc.....

I hate what they are doing to most of the women on this show especially Ashley and Sharon as a viewer it just so sad and pitiful to watch....

It also seems like the show is getting really choppy like the way they go from scene to scene and especially when they cut to commercials.

• Members

TPTB are total liars and/or incompetents. The contempt MAB and her henchmen have for the actors (save for the chosen few - JC, BM, and the Scoobs) is palpable. Few backstage dramatics were more vile than MAB's attempt to cheat Nia Peeplees out of her contract.

• Members

Which blew up in their face.

If they leaked the stuff to Branco making Engen look like some homophobic diva, then that also backfired, because huge expectations were set for the story, never came close to being met, and only helped draw huge, negative attention to a vile story many people had been trying to get through. So then it became all about, "Hey, this story is sick. Fetuses in a fireplace? No wonder he quit!"

They have handled the show all wrong. No wonder the product is a mess.

• Members

Count me in on that as sadly it's now the point of no return to the good ole days.

Yes it did and I do have to say though, Billy & Chloe's wedding was about as classy as we've seen in quite a few years.

• Members
Please, do not ruin Lauren Koslow's character over some BULLSH!T like Patty Jane. Dear Lauren will need a job when they fire her from DAYS.

Also, I think that's another reason why they pull stuff from the internet. The choppiness is all over the place with the stories, like they're just waiting for their next "brilliant" idea from a kissass MB poster who says, "These dates would match. Why not make Mary Jane Patty" or some BS like that.

It's one thing to kind of accept viewer feedback and say, "This story clearly is working..." or "This needs more work." But to lift crappy story ideas from message boards instead of using your writing team, your assistant, your research staff to guide you in why certain things are plausible or implausible" just reeks of arrogant, lazy storytelling.

Maria's Y&R reminds me of the guy who would write his manuscript(and while writing it, remembered the plot to every single dollar movie at Blockbuster and put it in there) the day before it had to be presented in workshop and, because he talked a good game, he expected everyone to just bow at his feet and say, "Oh this was wonderful. The best story I've ever read."

If it means more "spooky" appearances by Raya Meddine, I am all for it.

That stuff with Ash and Sabrina in the car was pure comedy.

• Members

That Linda Gottlieb thread really makes me wish she or someone like her were at Y&R right now.

A revolutionary to give this show a complete revamp, get rid of the useless characters; someone that adds innovative elements to the show, while still respecting its roots.

But most of all, someone that fights TIIC for the stories she/he wants to tell and believes in. Someone who freckin' cares about putting out something with substance and high quality.

• Members

It's really sad, huh Sylph? These people have become pathetic and predictable.

I'm more pissed because Maria knew exactly what was at stake, not only for the show, but for those working there(talent, production, and below-the-line) and the fans. And she just didn't rise to the occasion, despite her rousing bulldog speeches to Nellie.

• Members

I have never seen so much dislike for your own show. Her family is a partial owner, dear God! Doesn't she wish it to prosper? If for nothing else then for the money? Not only that, but her family lets her wreak havoc as if it's all OK and nothing's really going on, business-as-usual.

• Members

More shocks are coming our way!

It isn't even funny to say "how much low can this show get"? I get signs of hope when I see a small improvement, but then I get a ton of scenes that are worse than I've seen on LML's version (not that it was better)... I don't want to quit watching this show, but I'm this close to actually doing it.

Archived