Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Members

I don't find this to be a hate Y&R thread and that is the only show I have watched since it aired if anything I believe most in this thread just want better.

I'm not an ignorant person but I have learned alot just by reading these threads and by a poster friend I have somewhere else, and that is a compliment.

I get what you all want and I want the same.

I must say while reading, the humor put in these posts are fantastic too, just when I am getting upset about a certain storyline, somebody says something hilarious tongue.gif which is most like how I am and think that is what posting should be as well as of course first and foremost productive.

I will say again I LOVE reading all your posts because I love to learn and I love the Soap (even when it is not so good writing wise) that much to want to know more about- writing, talent, acting, for the the better of the show.

Which from what I see here most want for The Young and the Restless.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yesterday I read a comment from a poster which really got me thinking and I realized I no longer want to watch this mess. If I don't like more than half of what is going on an primetime show, I'd never watch it, so what is my reason for sticking with this show when most of it sucks and it won't be getting any better? Why put myself through this torture if I can do the same thing I did during the LML era (quit)?

I guess I'll continue reading the recaps of episodes and comment, but I won't be watching any longer. If the show gets any better, please let me know.

• Members

I can't believe how low this show has sunk and it just appears to continue to get worse. I haven't been watching for awhile now and I miss it. I read the recaps and boards to keep up and once in awhile tune in. This show needs to get back to the basics and the fundamentals that once made stand out from other soaps--it needs class, integrity, proper development, proper pacing, characters acting like who they really are--not different and shocking from day to day just to serve a plot--they have ruined so many characters and I'm sure more are to come. I agree with Y&RWorldTurner, this is never going to happen with the current writing regime. Can they possibly think that this utter crap is being accepted and is good storytelling and the viewers are pleased with the current direction (or lack thereof)??

• Members

I can see how this show with its crappy writing regime and crappy overall creative state drove you to quit it, dmarex.

I'm almost driven to that point, but if I quit Y&R, I'd be done with daytime. And plus, this show needs posters to call it out on its sh!t and bad writing. :)

Who knows if it will ever get better? Again, the only way we;ll see significant change is if these current writers are fired, but who knows if the next writing regime (if there is one) will suck in another way. But oh well, I'm willing to take the chance. :)

• Members

I stop watching when I just read that they brought back CK. How much I like Davetta I couldn't even see her last days. That's how long I quit this show.

I just like to feed off of Alvin heated posts about the show. But I am interested in like Chloe & sometime Billy it depends on who he acts opposite. Anything Chloe probably the only storyline I'm interested in. Everything else can eat dirt.

• Members

I know how you feel--Y&R is the only soap I currently watch(ed) too. I miss it. I'm a fan through and through. Don't laugh but I drink my coffee out of a Crimson Lights mug, I have a Y&R baby tee, I start my car w/ my Y&R keychain, I carry a Y&R tote to the pool, etc. I'm just not willing to accept it in its current state as I know what it once was AND WHAT IT SHOULD BE NOW. I used to recommend it to people all the time and I was proud to say I was a viewer--but those days are over. I just can't stomach the utter destruction anymore.

Also, I put this in another thread but I want to add here to Potpourri. This is how I feel about Y&R, in its current state:

You can't question a motive or behavior because NOTHING is clear, you can't expect any reasoning or logic to be provided, you can't expect characters you feel you once knew to act like they are from this planet, you can't expect any buildup and simply you have to accept what they tell you on that given day only. Because it can all change in a heartbeat tomorrow without any reasoning or explanation why provided.

• Members

Ugh, so apparently a young new girl that's connected to Phyllis will join the show and cause a lot of trouble.

This sh!t sounds like Y&R equivalent to Stacy Morasco.

Why the hell do we need another new character, especially one in that age range?

This is really hack writing, especially with they're wrecking most of the established characters and they NEGLECT about half of the cast.

How can anyone defend such incompetence?

• Members

I think she's supposed to be in the same age group as Daniel, if not, slightly younger.

The last thing this show needs is more trashy characters, especially another badly defined female character.

How much more cliched can the storytelling on this show get?

If history is any indication, this writing regime completely sucks at creating new characters too.

• Members

Phyllis is another character that needs to be on the backburner.

The only age range that needs new girls is the real teens, not the 30 going on 16 ones *cough*scoobies *cough*. I know a lot of people don't like him as much, but I would rather this girl be JT's sister

Another theory is that this girl is brought in by Deacon to mess with the Damber relationship.

• Members

Because we didn't get enough of her during the LML years (Lauren's Shelia storyline became about Phyllis) and now with this quad.

Speaking of couples I have heard that Maria wants Shick together, but Babby Bloom wants Phick. Maybe that's why there is so much flip flopping.

Archived