Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Members

There's so much flip-flopping because they're trying too hard to please both fanbases at about the same time.

Even if Bloom wanted Phick, Maria could have put them together and stick with that, or she could have stuck with Shick. Instead, she tries to please both fanbases at the same time with the constant back and forth of this dumb ass triangle.

Not to mention, if they weren't doing this back and forth thing, Maria probably doesn't know what the hell else to do with these characters that she and her team of hacks have destroyed.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just bet Phyllis had a kid while off the show in the late 90s.... better yet, let's make it a black kid, yeah, you saw it coming, it's Malcolm's lurve baby!!! (I'm sure there's no need to explain how that happened)

(Can I claim copyright if this shows up on the show?)

• Members

Michael Muhney (Adam) recently tweeted this: Sorry to tease, but I'm reading all the scripts for this week's filming. Things are getting crazy in Genoa City. Old-school awesomeness.

Of course, it's already "crazy" in GC and definitely not in a good way and basically no one sees the current writing or the show as "awesome" but it shows that this crap and the plot-driven messes (I read all the scripts as maybe not just his?) will be continuing way into the Fall. :mad:

• Members

Also, this got me thinking--could there be ANY WAY TIIC really think people are viewing these storylines and the show in general in a positive light?? The things I've seen on this show in the past few months and the fact that it's continuing tell me that they really are that out of touch w/ their audience and I guess this confirms it...

• Members

What does "old school" mean? Are we going to get a tribute to Y&R history by having Adam garrote Leslie Brooks (now with plastic surgery and played by Cindy Williams)? Or does he mean Adam is going to torment Ashley by playing Sugar Hill Gang at every waking moment, and breakdancing around her while wearing a Sabrina wig and dress?

• Members

I'd be more inclined to point out that a short-lived stint on Veronica Mars doesnt give anyone the authority to say what is "old-school awesomeness" on a soap because that ship has sailed and been blown to crap and sunk.

• Members

Someone had mentioned this sooner about the classiness of Y&R, but I no longer think of it that way. In the last couple of years they have really made this show middle class like and sleaze. If Maria can give Nikki her fur coat and diamonds why can't she bring back the colonade room? She tries to make the show earnest by having these rich kids decide they don't want to have things handed to them (Noah and Mac) and had wealthy people step foot into a tacky place like Jimmy's. The B&B characters make the show look really trashy.

I know that Bellcurve and Y&RWorldTurner wanted to have Jill Farren Phelps, but I think that would be a bad thing. The actresses on this show get treated badly enough as it is. If she were EP Eric Braden would only work for three months and be off the rest of the year. If One Life To Live is cancelled I would want them to bring Frank Valentini on. OLTL looks better than Y&R to me and I hear he's consantly under budget. I think he could do good here.

Oh good we need more crazy, especially since there isn't enough crazy to go around.

I wouldn't call his stint on VM short lived, he was on until the show's final season.

• Members

Yes, out of all her connections the first time around, she forced f.ucking Latham on Y&R?

But really, now, I think this current regime is pretty much on par with Latham.

If Bloom can score some of her, you know, talented friends for this show, I'm all for it. The Bell's have only shown more and more of their incompetence since Bill died.

It's time for some change folks, this show is becoming gutter trash more and more each day.

And now, Deacon will be blackmailing Amber into marriage. This is the typical crap that Sheffer spews out and that Maria Bell encourages. They don't know when to stop and they keep on doing their best to completely destroy all of these characters. The rapist has to constantly stalk his victim. :rolleyes:

How anyone can say this show is in a good place right now is totally beyond me.

• Members

It's James Scott all over again. He also complained about the rape scene and the aftermath, I believe. And just like that, this was a sick, pointless storyline, and the writing seems to hint that we should side with the men and see Amber as pathetic.

This story was out of character for Deacon and destroyed any of the chemistry Adrienne and Sean once had.

Archived