Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only reason I could see for a brother is because they wanted to add someone to a certain age group. There are plenty of legacy characters they could use instead of an insta brother of Kevin's.

Noah's age= Ricky Williams and Kyle Abbott

Lily's and Billy's age= Scotty Granger and Nate Hastings jr. or even Raul.

This brother will just give tptb another reason to keep Kevin around.

• Members

Oh, for God's sakes people, don't remind Queen MAB of all the other characters she could bring! If she does, she'll screw them up too! I rather never see Ricky, Kyle, Scotty or Nate than have them be destroyed and completely desecrated by this regime! :lol:

• Members

^^^More proof why Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, and Scott Hamner are poison to this show.

Devon having fantasies about Tyra the first time was nasty, especially when Devon is never written for, but for them to act on this sh!t is disgusting. Especially when this writing regime never writes for its black characters.

• Members

It would make a little more sense if Devon didn't grow up with her as an aunt and THEN found out that she was his aunt and then they found out he wasn't.

But he was having fantasies about her and oogling at her having grown up with her as his aunt(before the big reveal that she wasn't).

Gotta love Maria's committment to shock and awe storytelling.

• Members

Agreed. I don't think there are any left that can actually argue that point now. The show is in an utter state of chaos and is just a complete mess--there's no way around it. There is NOTHING positive, nothing uplifting, nothing to bring a smile to your face (other than storylines that are such a joke you can either laugh or cry), no friendships, no romance. I don't even know what to say anymore. It's sickening.

• Members

There's nothing to like about this show anymore and there's no rationalizations or excuses for the way this current writing regime is poorly handling this show. It's just all shot to hell and very bad.

And don't anyone give me that daytime is dying excuse or that network interference excuse. Even under those conditions, storylines can be paced, executed, and emotionally expressed intelligently and sensibly.

This writing regime has its vision and it's set in its ways, and it's pretty damaging to this show overall. There is no excuse for why this show has become as bad and as offensive as it has.

Archived