Life after Light?

• Members

I think GL had some of the greatest actors in daytime. KZ, Justin Deas, Jordan Clarke, Grant, GINA etc. What will become of these stars? Have they got a chance?

Would anyone pick up Kim Zimmer? Probably not at what she's used to getting paid. I want to see Gina on Y&R as Victoria... I still think Grant would be rocking on B&B... maybe a story where Buzz Cooper (the real Tom Hughes) ends up in Oakdale and admits that in Vietnam, he switched with Buzz Cooper, preferring his life instead).

Cosgrove is in talks with OLTL

has anyone heard anything else?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course, IA that GL's cast is excellent.

I think the problem is that alot of the cast is considered "old" or too expensive by TPTB at other soaps. Great actors/actresses like Deas, Zimmer, Clarke, Kinkead, etc. would fit in well at other soaps, but in what role? My guess would be a recurring/guest stint.

I would love GT as Victoria. I think she would be absolutely smoking with Billy Miller! :wub:

But to answer your question, I haven't heard anything about the others. Marcy has gotten some good press as "Lizzie" so it would be interesting where she turns up.

• Members

If she went for it, I could easily see Liz Kiefer (Blake) popping up somewhere else. She almost became Krystal on AMC after GL dropped her to recurring. Beth Chamberlin (Beth) is also marketable, especially with her new hot smokin' body.

I could see Robert Newman (Josh) landing on AMC, but it'd probably be a short-term role.

Sadly, I don't think we'll see Kim Zimmer on another soap. I love La Zimmer but she needs to focus on trimming down and toning up, for potential jobs and health reasons... cuz she'd surely make a hot golden girl somewhere down the line!

• Members

Forget the cast! What will happen to GUIDING LIGHT?! Will it live on via DVD releases or will PGP have real classics streaming online? In a time where there are so many markets for a soap to live on, I don't want GL to be forgotten. If they wanted to, they could attempt something like Dark Shadows and keep the fanbase alive.

• Members

I'd like to see Kiefer on another show. I would've preferred to see Beth Chamberlain as Liza on AMC, but that didn't happen. Robert Newman could always show up on AMC as a member of the Tyler family and I've often thought that Kim Zimmer would make a pretty awesome Donna Sago Tyler recast.

• Members

Ha, I just got a great image in my head of Kimmie Zimmie with a cat who ate the canary look in her eyes with Susan Lucci's Louboutin'd feet sticking out of her mouth. We don't need Kim devouring AMC, but I thik that's excellent casting you did right there, she definitely has a similar quality to Candy Earley's Donna.

• Members

Of course I want to see Zimmer on my screens again. I just LOVE her! She should try out for some prime time roles. Yes, she will need to loose weight for that. This is the US, you gotta keep up with your appearance.

Archived