Y&R: Potpourri Thread

• Members

They need to change CK from Lily to Roxanne. Not only she's not connect to the Winters. They isolated Lily so much I wonder who the hell she is.

This will be easier also to fraze out the Winters.

I want Jack to be the father of both babies. At first I wanted Sharon away from the abbotts. But for him to be the father of both Phylis child Summer & Sharon baby. I can just picture them dropping or picking up there kids at the sametime at the Abbott house drama for years. Then you throw in Chloe. It will be good times at the Abbott Manison.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to think that, then I remembered MAB's solo stint from a year ago. She's a boring, unimaginative writer that has no sense of pacing and plotting.

Sheffer and Hamner are storytelling poison, there's no denying that, but MAB lets their worst tendencies happen on this show. She might tweak things here and there, but the balance in storytelling technique has become almost non-existent on this show.

All I ask for is one solid storyteller, who possibly has a lower ranking Co-HW. I don't think MAB can properly handle the strong HW role. I wouldn't be opposed to her keeping her Co-EP credit, but hiring a stronger storyteller that respects the show's identity to craft and write storylines.

• Members

Baby-killer, burning a fetus, a sexual molester for Ash's doctor. All that is hard to get past. Knowing the spoilers, it's become obvious to me that Hogan or someone is using the character of Adam to live out seem deep woman-hating fantasy. I did study literature at school, so I may tend to overanalyze but I think I'm right about this.

• Members

Adam's storyline is beyond words. I still don't get why he freaked out like and is doing all these things. I still believe that all of Billy's storylines were planned for Adam and they switched due to Billy Miller's popularity.

The Adam/Rafe thing sounds really stupid and comes out of nowhere.

For years I wanted Patty to return AS PATTY not as Sheila..

Someone wants to become JER when they grow up...

Jill used to be a person whose life revolved around sex and power. Watching old Y&R clips again made me miss Brenda Dickson and Jill as a vixen. Jess Walton is more Nora Buchanan than Jill.

I hate weak Jack. I like bitchy Jack.

Colleen is Australian and Lily is Indian/Palestinian :huh:

SPOILER: Cassie is alive! She faked her death and returns as a psycho in order to take some DNA tests!!!

• Members

Rewrite and just not so subtly drop lines referring to past history to make the fanbois jump with glee. :rolleyes:

Maria doesn't use history for depth, she uses it to beat the audience over the head with it and because she's so lazy and non-creative to come up with her own storylines.

• Members

Y&R is following OLTL's footsteps.

The gave Viki's storyline to Kay and "brought the show back to it's roots" for the first few months. Adam is MAB's InstaTodd and I am afraid that the returns of Nina, Patty a.o will be similar to "Princess Tina's".

• Members

I have to say, that when all of these rewrites start to look good and necessary, one starts to wonder why the writing was so originally bad that recons are so welcome. Some of it is LML's fault, but not all of it, that is for sure.

Archived