OMG Y&R Brenda Dickson!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Queer God in heaven - this woman is a riot. She really can't talk without saying how wonderful she is, can she? i hope she does get that reality show - it's GOLDEN. I wish there was network that actually showed stuff about soaps for her to sell it to. LOGO would be a great fit - they got nothing on that channel. i was disappointed that NB didn't follow up on that horrible eviction video.

Her #1 fan really gets her though - she believes everything she says. Every. Last. Word. does she really think anything she wore in that video is still current? I'm not even sure it was current back then. I love her though - give this woman a comeback!!

• Members

I took Rowell's point as generally her presence and even the other Afro-America presence enticed a significant demo that ranked the show number 1 in the rating, she didn't say all of that and if I'm wrong I'm wrong but that's how I interpreted. I didn't take it as her saying I'm the sole reason the ratings have gone up because if that was the case I'm not struck with a chord of her not seeing that show has stayed at #1 in the Neilsen ratings since. I read it in the context she was speaking on the Afro-Amer presence on the show in it's entirety and not as ego-driiven as it can be perceived if one chooses to ignore the genuine honest points of her interviews

• Members

She never mentioned the Afro-American demographic specifically, until she does, I don't think she's talking in regards to that particular demo.

In her DC interview, she said to keep in mind that Y&R didn't go to #1 when Peter Bergman joined, it went to #1 when she joined. So from that, I took it that she meant general viewers, since Peter Bergman isn't Black. This was the part of the interview where Peter Bergman's comments about her were brought up.

Oh course, Y&R was already #1 BEFORE Bergman or Rowell joined.

• Members

I understand and that's what I meant by interpretation to answer your question.

Honestly I would love for someone to ask her that n an interview and ublish it her response then would tell me if this was simply something she does not know or if her response is in line with BD's

• Members

What she should have pointed out is that Y&R went from seventeenth place to THIRD in the ratings within 18 months because of her big SL with Cooper and Rhodes. That's what she needs to tout. Her book is going to be fashion and lifestyle book? DAMN. I want a tell all. A behind the scenes look at the making of a daytime drama. I love my diva, she's a hoot... and Michael says she really is very nice to talk to in person. Michael is a friend of mine, actually, I'm glad that everyhting came out like he wanted it. He told me about a possible interview with Nelson a couple weeks ago, but you know I don't like spoilers, I didn't tell any of YOU :P

• Members

I believe Y&R was #1 for most of 1987. I remember a temporarily rejuvinated AMC giving Y&R a run for it's money in the summer of 1987. If you remember, the people meters were introduced in September 1987, causing the CBS soaps to go into freefall for a few months, with GH, OLTL and AMC (in that order, I believe) staking out the top three positions. I remember Y&R dropping to 4th or 5th place, and B&B, which had only been on the air a few months and was getting decent numbers, dropping near the bottom, in Ryan's Hope/Santa Barbara/Another World territory. I remember after some tinkering with the people meter system, the CBS shows rebounded in the fall of 1987. Y&R began to claim the top stop. I think AMC reached number 1 in late 1988 the week of the Silver/Goldie/Damon Lazarre/Erica storyline. I believe Y&R has been number 1 every week since then.

I love Dickson. She is so wonderfully conceited and full of herself and is not even self-conscious about it. I don't think she's a loony as we all think. I believe that if she were to return to Y&R, you'd have a huge spike in the ratings. She makes for great television.

• Members

LOL! SO TRUE!!

Right, sure.

Because Zimmer spats out right lies about ratings.

Zimmer's ego may be on par with both VR & BD, but she doesnt seem delusional either, esp with recent interviews.

Thank you.

Maybe... Im A Celeb Get Me Out Of Here? Or The Surreal Life? Perhaps Celeb Rehab or Sober House? LOL.

It would great.

• Members

OT: worst show EVER.

They just sit in a frigging circle all day. Maybe it's in the jungle, but it might as well be anywhere. They just sit and sit and sit and b!tch.

With occasional breaks to each jungle-roaches.

1674.gif

Archived