OMG Y&R Brenda Dickson!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks, Mark. This is one of Nelson's better interviews, he asks Brenda a lot of great and on point questions, some of which I've never heard her talk about before (like her thoughts on Kay/Jill when they were mother and daughter).

These are my favorite parts:

:lol:

• Members

Such fun ridiculousness! :lol:

The show went to number one because of her and dropped because she left? She's such a gifted actress? God, she's fun(ny)!

At least she disagreed with the Katherine/Jill mother/daughter thing.

• Members

That I have to agree with! But, the woman's a mess... she didn't see the email for a year?

Still, I wonder if there's still chance for her to come to Wisteria Lane as Edie's sister, perhaps as part of the next mystery. She can have Edie's house and all :lol:

• Members

She's delusional. A gifted actress? lol

And she is also incorrect. If she returned to the show from 83- 87 - how does she explain that Y&R hit No 1 in 1988 and has been there ever since? lol. It went to number 1 AFTER she left.

• Members

Between Rowell and Dickson, Y&R sure has many #1-making ladies!

Dickson brought it to #1 in 1983, when she returned, but it crashed to #6 in 1987, but in 1990, it went back to #1 again when Rowell arrived!

• Members

So Marc Cherry emails her, she doesn't see the email and he just gives up that easily and forgets that he emailed her and forgets about the role? Mr. Cherry must have wanted her so bad that he didn't even follow up with her when he never got a response to her email. lol. She's nuts!

• Members

I know you know this. I also know my "pie charts" inspire :rolleyes: in some, but that's what I do. I just need to demystify this false #1 crap.

As you can clearly see below, at least in HH ratings, Y&R was never #1 before 1989 or so (these are averages for the whole season), and it has never been anything but #1 since. There is no association with the arrival/departure of Dickson nor Rowell. I know you know this. But I'm wondering where these fantasies are coming from??? Are they talking about the demographic 18-49? Because that's not true. Are they talking about with African American fans? Because I don't know if that is true.

ETA: FYI, these ratings are through the current season (which is shown as 2008, short for 2008-2009). The X-axis won't show 2009 until NEXT season (2009-2010 season).

whenYRwenttoone.jpg

Archived