OMG Y&R Brenda Dickson!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of the cases where Branco did a great job and delivered a poignant interview.

Dickson's take on Jill and the explanation for her shift of portrayal are revealing and fit her on-screen persona back then. Apart from her enormous delusional drama queen factor I'd like to see her back on TV in a role which isn't entirely herself.

• Members

What a nutjob. Could anyone tell she was heavily marketing her DVd release? She mentioned it in almost every answer. Also what a contradiction - she goes on about living this glamorous life and then talks about having slept on the floor in her mom's house and that she only has a house because her mother died (someone should do an autopsy on that woman....)

Just about everything she said about the ratings and her departure from Y&R are complete delusional fabrications....

• Members

Carl, you did have some of that... but it was very early on, in 1974. Kay would quickly turn on her and be vicious beyond belief. I SO WISH we could see a repeat of those on soapnet, or SOME network. There WAS a scene on youtube where Kay is drunk in bed, and Jill is ""tucking her in", and you see some tender moments there, you also see Brenda ahve this wonderful WTF? look on her face when she takes a drink of water. Priceless.

• Members

OMG. I thought the exact same thing but couldn't bring myself to articulate it.

I shouldn't admit this, but I can scarcely imagine what I'd be willing to pay for the entire series on DVD. They could totally clean me out if they wanted to. Just decimate my savings :).

Archived