Y&R: Who do you want as HW?

• Members

Thanks Y&RWT!

Yes, one would think she would have become better at the technical stuff, but she keeps making stupid decisions.

Do we know who else Bell wanted to succeed him? If anyone else?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, he made a mistake with Alden... Even though he said many times she's his "shared consciousness", I don't really buy that he wanted her as his heir.

He made a mistake in not choosing Frederick Johnson. And Agnes used the opportunity to hire him.

• Members

What makes Johnson so great to you, Sylphy? I think he's talented, but I do no not know what kind of storyteller he is, and how he'd manage a show.

I don't know if Agnes directly hired him at AMC, or if he had a high-profile agent at the time that landed him wherever he wanted to go. Let's not forget, this was McTrash's first stint too.

• Members

Yeah, I'm not sure about whether Agnes hired him directly, but she sure got to like him afterwards! I've heard lots of great stuff about him!

Anyway, are you sure Patrick Mulcahey created Carly?

Yup, I believe so.

• Members

It all could be worse, I guess. It could be --

The

YOUNG

and the

RESTLESS

Written by

MEGAN McTAVISH

VICTOR MILLER

AMANDA L. BEALL

STEPHEN DEMOREST

MICHELLE PATRICK

ADDIE WALSH

JEFF BELDNER

COURTNEY BUGLER

KAREN LEWIS

N. GAIL LAWRENCE

PETE T. RICH

...or something like that. ;)

• Members

He didn't create her, he helped develop a good portion of her, along with Elizabeth Korte, and of course Guza, and then Harris and Culliton were HW's.

I know he was very integral to Buzz Cooper's creation on GL with Nancy Curlee and Stephen Demorest.

Both characters definitely bare a similar initial stamp too. In the beginning they were kind of anti-soap characters, which is a unique thing IMO.

• Members

Just Like in my other thread which I was attacked in, I see I am not the only one who sees the issues at Y&R. And there are a lot of them. As far as who should be HW hmmm, I really don't know. But MAB needs help and needs to get rid of hogan. I can see his touches all over the show and they suck super good....drip drip

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Funny how Maria, with all her love of soaps and their history, of all possible people, picked Hogan Sheffer...

Why not Lorraine Broderick or Nancy Curlee? I mean, a good HW, with a certain record, not Hogan Sheffer, who crashed and burned several times... And left DOOL in terrible state.

• Members
He didn't leave DAYS in a terrible state. Dude was fired. Even after he declared financial core.

Whether that was a financial move or something done because he truly wanted to "save the show and the genre," well that's another thing.

Maybe part of his agreement when declaring core was that Steve Kent(at Sony) would offer him a writing position at Y&R and then when the whole "Josh Betrayed Maria" story came out, maybe breakdowns turned into being a co-HW.

I want Frank South and Charles Pratt as co-HWs Y&R. Let's trash up Y&R with stunts, explosions, and Laura Leighton. :D You know Sony will want to do it if the ratings drop even further.

Archived