GL: How Should it End?

• Members

Before anyone gets angry, this is not a thread to argue about GL's future or possible lack thereof. There are several threads on this very board for that. In the end, regardless of whether or not GL will survive cancellation, the show's run on CBS will end September 18th. How should it end? Which characters should be featured? What should happen? Any returns? Reunions? Flashbacks? What do you think?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it will end with Josh/Reva remarrying for the umpteenth time with all their friends and family gathered around. I don't think it's improbable that Peter Simon, Maureen Garrett, and Krista Tesreau will return for the last episode. With Ric Hearst off contract at GH, it would be cool to see him back, but I don't see that happening. Would like to see a scene with the Bauers reminiscing about Bert, Bill, Mike, and Hope, but I am not holding much hope for that. I think the last scene will be of Josh and Reva reflecting on their lives, with some metaphor to a "guiding light" in their dialogue, a la Lary Haines/Mary Stuart's dialogue at the end of Search for Tomorrow (Stu: What is it, Jo? What are you searching for? Jo: Tomorrow, and I can't wait). I know it's schmaltzy, but I hope that's how it ends.

• Members

There will probably have to be rewrites. I saw today's show and it was painful to watch. The Spaulding get together was the only bright spot. Let's hope GL goes out with a bang!

I'd love to see Krista Farrel(sp?) return as Roxie. They were going to bring back Roxie. Bring back Johnny...James Goodwin...he is in Austin Texas Ellen Wheeler...LOL. Bring back Roger and Holly. Either that or a nice tribute rememberance of Michael Zaslow. Bring back Ed, Nola...etc....

• Members

I was thinking, that before the show finally goes off the air in September, they should kill off the character of Alan Spaulding once and for all. I thought of this idea for the fan fic I once wrote, and it would bring so much issues to the forefront for the Spaulding family. Especially for Alexandra, Alan-Michael, and Phillip. A-M's complicated relationship with his father would mirror that of Alan's with Brandon's around the time he died (the first time).

Of course I also believe Jeva fans should get some sort of closure too in anyway possible.

Maybe it's asking a little too much, but I'd like for the show to air it's final scenes in the Bauer kitchen, and have someone mention the "No one goes their way alone...".

• Members

IF the show is picked up in another venue, I think that would be a great cliffhanger... the show would take place in the Bauer kitchen...Ed could come back even for just a week, (I would have toasting Rick and Mindy who have been married.....) cue the flashbacks of all the great moments, (i.e. Slut of SF, Bert in the Bauer Kitchen after her amputation and break down, Bev Alex confronting Roger....)with of course the poem being intoned....then we flash to the present, where after months of getting closer together, Josh and Reva make love and he gets down on his hands and knees and proposes to her...flip to the mansion..then we see Alan alone in the Spaulding Study, dead....either shot or more , with a knife in his back...with a to be continued....

Archived