GL: How Should it End?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be honest, I've divorced the show currently on the air from my memories of GL's greatness so much that I don't particularly care what they do and I don't think it'll really matter much in the grand scheme of how Guiding Light is ultimately remembered. I'm not expecting much so maybe it'll be a nice, pleasant surprise but if not, I won't be surprised just mildly disappointed at most.

• Members

I think they will end the show by reuniting Reva and Josh. The last episode will probably be their umpteenth wedding. Beth and Phillip will probably be reunited as well. I'm sure they'll also work in "there is a destiny........."

• Members

A little off topic, but I'm pissed as hell that Michelle and Billy never ended up together. I know they tried it with Cosgrove and St. Alban, but St. Alban SUCKED at everything so it wasn't worth trying that late. A friend and I were talking about this the other day, but Billy and Michelle made so much sense - I mean the childhood best friends that knew everything about one another, I always thought it was natural. I hate Danny and Michelle, and those Manny fans were ugh...

Too bad the cancellation news put an end to re-casting Michelle, or else it could've happened.

• Members

See I disagree that Bill and Michelle failed in 2002. If they did, it was because the show was more invested in Danny and Michelle once Conboy and Weston came on and not because of anything lacking between the characters/actors. IMO, St. Alban was at her best during that time period. Sure that isn't saying *too* much, but they did have chemistry. Quite frankly, I had much bigger problems with the destruction of the Michelle character than I ever had with the actress.

And because of that--hold on to your seats folks--I want St. Alban back for the finale (in tandem with Peter Simon of course). It's too late to recast the role. It would take at least 6 months to get used to her and we don't have the time. Rachel Miner is too young now to pull it off and Bethany Joy is still doing OTH as far as I know. (NOTE: About Miner. I hated when Kimberly Brown stepped back into the role of Marah. Too much time had passed and to think that was the same character that f-u-c-k-e-d Jeffrey made me physically ill.)

EDIT: Big edit here. When I say I want the Michelle character back, I mean ALONE. Have Danny killed in some mob hit, trash compacter, I don't care.

Archived