Don Diamont

• Members

He would be an awesome Charlie Brent! Maybe a little old, but man, I think he would fit the bill perfectly. I think he would also be hilarious opposite Tad and Jake. He can be a darker, edgier Charlie. A flighty Cecily left he and their child in Silicon Valley. Charlie could not handle his job at his big Electronics Firm, instead transferring to Cortlandt Electronics in Pine Valley. How awesome would it be to see Don Diamont flirting with Susan Lucci as Charlie and Erice loved to do? Plus there are so many available ladies: Taylor, Amanda, Krystal, Randi (he would be about 10 years older thank Frankie)...

I guess he should be about Tad's age b/c they grew up together.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Too old? He'd be on the young side more than anything. The last guy to play Charlie, Christopher Lawford , was on GH a few years ago and that guy looked like an old man. This is a shot from a couple of years ago. Don looks alot better and younger than he does now

1235089489.jpg

• Members

Cheap, I love Christopher Kennedy Lawford, and very much liked his portrayal of Charlie. He does look older now, I think there are many more flaterring recent photo of him.

Though Lawford is older, Charlie is supposed to be 36 years old. I actually think this point is semi-important since Charlie was the first AMC child, and represented so much when the show started. For the most part, AMC has been good about maintaining his age. In 1986, Robert Duncan McNeill came on as a 16 year old Charlie (2 years off), Van Eman came on in 1990 as a 20-something Charlie (again prbly 2 years off). In 1992, Charlie came on as a 22-24 year old (he was young enough to be Hayley's first time, and she was prbly 20 by then). He is in one of the few soap kids who was not severely affected by SORAS (ie: Tad).

In real life, Lawford is older than Diamont, but he was playing it much younger and looked younger. Now, I think Diamont looks amazing, but 36 he is not. Therefore, he would be a little old for Charlie. But, I still think he could rock in that role.

• Members

I never bought Lawford as 22ish when he came aboard in the early 90s. He looked very much like he was in his mid to late 30s when he was paired up against Hayley. I dont think there is anyway for the role to be brought back and portrayed as his original age of 36. For continuity reasons, he has been SORASed as well as everyone that has come after him. He has to be portrayed to be at least in his early to mid 40s. Jake was born 7 years after him and he's in his late 30s now. Charlie cant come back younger than him. Don is the perfect age for a SORASed adjusted Charlie. He's not too old and not too young.

• Members

I think Charlie will forever stay off the show now just like Tara due to the age mess up that has happened with Erica and her clan.

I remember there have been so much talk about this over the years by many how they deaged Erica but with Tara they aged her up by aging first Kelsey and then Sam.

With all that it makes Charlie a really difficult role to bring back due to his history plus now he is supposed to be younger than Kendall but older than Josh. Kendall is now 33 or 34 according to the last age they gave her a few years ago when they celebrated her 30th birthday.

It is really messed up because that is all the age that Kelsey is supposed to be now since she had Sam when she was 17 and now he is about 19 or 20.

AMC really screwed up their whole continuity when they aged Kendall.

• Members

As far as roles for Don Diamont.

Another board I visit from time to time has pushed for Don to be a new Scott Eldridge on As The World Turns.

I personally think they should bring back Cord Roberts full time on OLTL. If Loprieno doesn't want to be acting full time hire Diamont for the role.

Or what about some realtion to Victor on Days. It isn't as if DAys hasn't hired a former performer in a new role - they love to do it.

• Members

Would/Could DD pull off a gay designer on B&B? Not some campy, pink wearing, fur grabbing gay guy, but something more down to Earth, more naturalistic, a macho man who just happens to sleep with men... Would make a really good looking couple with Owen. :lol:

• Members

If B&B wasn't such a clusterf*ck, I would totally want DD to show up there. Lord knows they need some real men given that Elderly Eric, Ridge and Nick are what passes for "male" over there.

And Felicia needs a frontburner SL and a hot guy in her bed.

• Members

I agree Don Diamont would make a good Cord Roberts, but only if John Loprieno didn't want to return permanently. He'd also be good on DAYS as Mike Horton, or maybe on GH as a Frisco Jones re-cast. He'd also be good on DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES as a new love interest for Teri Hatcher's Susan or maybe for a temptation to Eva Longoria Parker's Gabi.

Archived