Y&R: Week of December 29, 2008

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I admit that I have not been a believer. I have been reading all the praise that everyone's been giving, but I haven't caught up with the episodes. I guess I still am kinda afraid that it will all fall apart. However, I have started trying to get up to date and I have to admit that this is where its at. The Lauren/Traci scene after the funeral, Phyllis seeing Sharon and Nick hug, and then Sharon and Brad, with that hilarious look on her face, and then overhearing Brad and Traci talk.... Noah and Eden are sweet together, the Victor storyline, Kay confused as Murphy takes her home, not to mention Nick punching Adam (and a very well done stunt, too)... there's emotion, there's drama, there's excellent plotting. People have said that they have been seeing William J. Bell and I think I will (hesitantly, yet happily) admit that I see it, too. I am hoping that it will continue for years to come. (Sorry this is far behind the current episodes)

• Members

Rafe is HOT. I love him. I don't care if he might look young, he's SMOKING. Great superficial casting for me :D

I think Rafe is supposed to represent a young John Silva. I see MAB doing that with a lot of the new characters, trying to relate them to past ones. Like Tyra being the new Dru.

• Members

I am not getting the comparisons between Tyra and Dru,both onscreen and off.

Dru was savvy,vibrant,passionate etc.These was built up over her many years on the show.

Tyra has been on a few months and has shown none of these characteristics.

For Olivia to be telling Neil to ditch Karen for Tyra is ridiculous on a number of levels,but especially as in no way does she evoke Dru.

I would love to see Tyra do something along these lines as her character so far has been pretty vanilla. and therefore the story has hardly been compelling.

I would like Tyra to try and set Gil up to romance Karen,to try and snag Neil for herself.

Remember when Dru used Neil as her boyfriend while she was trying to snag Nathan?

• Members

I love that the piano piece played during the first Victor/Ashley scene was also used in the 1989 episode they aired last week and the 1995 episode they aired last year. I love this show's unchanging music!

Phyllis and Nick's looks so cozy, if not a little cluttered. And Nick looks so Ward Cleaver/Ozzie Nelson/Alex Stone in that sweater and hair.

• Members

Damn! Its like a kiss from jesus -lol- everytime they play an old school Y&R score!

They seem to exclusively use the old scores in Katherine's storyline for some reason....

SHARON'S DIRTYPILLOWS UPDATE:

And mother-f--e-rs if I have to look at Sharon's ugly ass pillows one more time I am going to scream. And she has those awful Christmas trees on the sofa table. They started the camera shot WITH THE PILLOWS for crying out loud, so we could all get a NICE LONG LOOK!

DINA MERGERON WOULD BE APPALLED AT THIS "DECORATING".

Archived