Y&R: Week of December 29, 2008

• Members

Jess Walton was amazing today, she went from happiness and glee one minute, to sadness and anger the next. Very few people can do that. I also loved the classic music used for the Kay/Jill scenes and the scenes with Kay in jail!

Tyra is pathetic, and Tonya Lee Williams needs to do something with her hair! Olivia is such a nosy bitch. LOL!

Katherine and Murphy = :wub: I'm glad she called him.

Jill (to Amber on the phone): YOU'RE AN IDIOT! :lol:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Katherine and Murphy could so give OLTL's Viki and Charlie a run for their money as most interesting older couple in daytime.

Oh, Jill, you're on a soap opera. And even if you are indeed on Y&R, you still should be open to the idea that your mother might not be dead after all.

Something about Graziadei just exuded sex appeal today, even when Daniel was rolling around in bed with Amber. That? Is one sexy dude.

Olivia looks so adorable with a chunky face! But she needs to mind her own damn business. If they'd give my girl a storrrrrylinnnnnnne.........wink wink nudge nudge.......she wouldn't be in everybody else's [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Just because an actor is recurring doesn't mean they don't want a storyline. Ted Shackelford is recurring and he was on more episodes and had more story than CLB and GR this year and they are two emmy winners. The new Noah and Eden are also recurring. Tonya said she would like to be like Tracey Bregman's status but that might be a bit more difficult because while Tracey lives in Malibu, Tonya spends quite a bit of time in Toronto and even runs a big film festival every year.

Speaking of Tracey Bregman, she was just interviewed on a pod cast for 2 hrs on Sunday and she says that although she is recurring because it gives her more flexibility with her family and other projects, she still would love to do heavy story and the show knows that if they need her five days a week, she would make herself available. She mentioned that she loves being part of the Michael and Lauren couple and Maria Bell has no plans on breaking them up but would also love to see Lauren be more edgy and get involved in a real business story and not just delivering wedding dresses. She also said she would like to bring Scotty back but have him with some bitterness about the way he was raised and would also like to see more of the friendship between Paul and Lauren. She jokingly complained that she and Christian don't get why they never get love scenes and want Lauren and Michael to be more sexy again. So it sounds to me like she wants more story even though she is recurring.

I think recurring can work well for both sides. It gives veteran actors like Tracey and Tonya more flexibility and saves the show some money since it has to be cheaper to just pay them for the days they perform rather than having them on contract. For the younger actors, it gives the show time to see if the character clicks and if not no big deal if they have no contract.

• Members

To me, Olivia is best when she has Dru to bounce off of, and I hate to say it, but TLW's current return is showing that for me. Being all up in Dru's business is different because that's her sister, but with these other folks...it just doesn't look right. If TLW wants to do a storyline, I say that they start giving her some connections with others and renewing the connections that she already has with others.

Archived