The Politics Thread

• Members

It's amazing to see these fools act like premiums never went up before Obamacare. I worked at my previous job for 8 years and they switched insurance providers three times because the rates kept going up. But now we get to return to the good old days of people defaulting on bills and/or declaring bankruptcy because of medical bills. But of course the people who brought us trickle down economics think that's just dandy. I can't imagine the shitstorm we're going to see when the Repubs tank the economy again. I'm in a Facebook discussion group where we talk about financial planning and people are already preparing for the next recession. The only question is how fast will it hit. Under a "normal" GOP presidency it would probably be around 2018 but Trump will probably have us there by the end of this year.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Omarosa officially joins White House staff

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4089018/She-officially-hired-Trump-appoints-notorious-Apprentice-contestant-Omarosa-public-engagement-role-White-House.html

Omarosa Manigault, who gained national fame for being a combative contestant on the reality show The Apprentice, will bring her sharp elbows to the White House.

Manigault, who prefers to be called just 'Omarosa,' will join the White House in a public engagement role. 

Her official title will be that of director of communications for the office of public liaison.  

The hiring of Manigault, 42, will come as little surprise to those who have followed the career of the one-time Apprentice villain, as she has been a long-time vocal supporter of Trump, and even helped in his transition team. 

Edited by GregNYC

• Members

The thing is premiums were nowhere near as high with obamacare. Someone on welfare can get free health insurance while i work for a company that requires you keeps 30 hours a week u fall below u lose that insurance. Then i am screwed i dont qualify for any discounts and the amount of what i will pay is so expensive i cant afford it. Now i become uninsured a hard working person versus someone milking the system thats wrong.

• Members

According to this interview, no women of color in the Rockettes have signed up to perform at the upcoming Inauguration. My guess is there probably won't be any WOC there at all.  

A Rockette Speaks Out

Maybe one of Omorosa's first duties will be to provide some "local color" to the Inauguration?

Please register in order to view this content

Or maybe she is in charge of bribing the administrators of Talledega college, so that their marching band will play.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

If I'm not mistaken, they don't sell his merchandise anymore, but they still sell Ivanka's things. When I worked there, his ties and shirts never had to be replenished because they never moved. All that aside, he can't save any Macy's stores from closing because their issues cannot be fixed with tax breaks.

• Members

First of all it's not "Obamacare". That's the damn problem, people have politicized the AFFORDABLE CARE ACT, and have been hellbent on gutting it because of who backed it. It's funny because the AFFORDABLE CARE ACT is similar to a bill sponsored by a myriad of Republicans in 1993 (Health Equity and Access Reform Bill, also known as HEART).

The GOP is trash. They are about to strip 20 million people of health care because of their intense hatred of President Obama. I am disgusted.

• Members

Please save some popcorn for me.  I, too, want to see how the Republicans [!@#$%^&*] up health care for this country.  No, Obamacare was not perfect and needed repairs.  But that's just my point: it needed to be REPAIRED, not repealed.

Yep.

This.

This, too.

I will never understand why so many other countries in this world can make gov't.-subsidized health care work but we can't.  IMO, no excuses will do.

Edited by Khan

• Members

To be perfect and frank, I am someone who never benefitted one iota from Obamacare.  Never received any tax credits, never received any Medicaid (thanks to Mary Fallin, who turned down the extra cash) even though I qualify for it, never got to keep any insurance plan for more than a year, and actually paid MORE in monthly premiums WITH Obamacare than I did without.  As a matter of fact, this year, I am without ANY medical insurance for the very first time in my life.

But here I am, agreeing with you, Jane.  Why?  Because, unlike others who were conned by their congressmen into thinking Obamacare needed to be excised with the quickness, I'm actually thinking about more than my own self-interest.  I have no insurance, and when I did, I struggled for over a decade to pay for it...but I also know I've been very blessed where others haven't.

So, yeah, totally plus-one everything you've said here.  (I just felt like sharing a bit of my own situation.  Sorry.)

I won't even acknowledge the fact Omarosa is now a TrumpCo. employee.  There's only so much cray cray the mind can take before it shuts down.

I can.

Best. Trainwreck. Ever.

So, so bigly.

Edited by Khan

• Members

No this old ass fart didn't...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mitch-mcconnell-merrick-garland-supreme-court_us_586d6720e4b0c4be0af2bd3a

How dare Mitch McConnell twist his raggedy a** mouth and threaten the Democrats into not pulling the same tactics he pulled? Furthermore, he needs to realize that most of America is anti-Trump. I'm pretty sure most of us will be all for Democrats obstructing any choice Trump tries to push forward that they don't like. 

What a damn hypocrite. 

Democrats better not fold or I am gonna call, email, tweet, FB them and cuss their asses out. Fight fire with fire. 

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

But ur acting like Obamacare is not workable. Why don't u hold the people who have no/ issue leaving Americans without any insurance accountable. My nephew was one. No insurance and had an accident years back that ran his medical bills to over 80 thousand dollars so. And what did he do? File bankruptcy so people like u and I paid for it regardless with higher premiums.

Years ago Nixon proposed a National Health Carre programs and it wasn't everything democrats wanted so it went no where. Ted Kennedy said years later it was a mistake and that democrats should have approved it. They then could have worked on improving it after. So why don't u hold the GOP in Washington to those standards? Don't u realize people in this country need good healthcare and I agree shouldn't have to go broke by getting sick. Make Obamacare better so it's affordable and workable to more Americans. Guess what that requires work which people don't seem to care that GOPers do nothing but gut anything vs coming up with solutions.

Edited by JaneAusten