Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Pretty much.  I mean, once you reach age 62, I think, you qualify for Medicare.  (And of course, there's always Medicaid for low-income and unemployed citizens who meet certain criteria.)  Even with Medicare, though, you still have no choice but to pay for supplemental insurance, because Medicare isn't going to cover everything.

Earlier today, I asked Mama Khan, "Why is it that just about every other country can figure out how to provide healthcare to its citizens, and we can't?"  I'm still waiting for her answer.

Ruh.  Roh.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I work for a company with offices around the world. We do perfectly well dealing with the healthcare and family leave and employment regulations in all of these other countries and still manage to make a pretty nifty profit. The truth is that it's the US offices that are a drain.

• Members

You know, I'm starting to think national health care is something that will remain forever out of our reach.  Obamacare was our best shot at it (even if it wasn't perfect) and now, it's about to be history.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Likely one of many people who thought everything Trump said during the campaign was meaningless and once the election over the so-called "grownups" would take over. Oops. 

I just hope those in the government who worked overtime to sink Hillary will be happy with what they're getting. 

• Members

CBS This Morning's Charlie Rose went in on KellyAnne Conway this morning (finally!).  It seems as though his questions were trying to both get answers (which Conway tried to evade) and impress upon Conway how serious it is that Trump still denies the weight of intelligence and documented evidence of Russian interference. Charlie Rose seemed quietly impatient.

Even Nora O'Donnell, who I still believe is a Republican asked about the Border Wall and whether she believes that Trump broke a key campaign promise.

I only saw the last few moments of this interview but Conway seemed a bit flustered, from what I managed to see.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Same.

But seriously: right now, it should dawn on the more sober-minded ones the mistake they've made in putting political affiliations over country.  Chances are, however, there will always be a faction within the GOP who will be happy no matter what, because, as marceline and others have said, they're just looking to tear down our current government anyway.

On the one hand, good for CBS and "CBS This Morning."  But, on the OTHER hand, it's too damn little and too damn late.  Too many people in the MSM kissed Trump's ass for ratings' sake, and frankly, I don't know whether viewers will ever trust the "Big Three" networks again.

Of course, I don't speak for everyone, but I don't worry all that much, because even if there WERE a full-on nuclear attack, it'd be almost a blessing in disguise.

Edited by Khan