The Politics Thread

• Members

5:30 in the damn morning. He is SUCH a child! what the [!@#$%^&*] is wrong with him?! he won't say [!@#$%^&*] about any policy but can rant on tv ratings and what an actress said about him? the man is nuts. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Nothing against Meryl Streep, but my eyes went way back in my head when she and Hugh Laurie pretty much said the room was full of the people who were most endangered by Trump. It shows just how out of touch the average star is. I have to assume the director was trolling her by cutting to Annette Bening (who is about as establishment as you can get) yukking it up. 

It's disappointing, if not surprising, to see Hollywood make it all about themselves, and to see annoying media whores like Alec Baldwin mugging away with his Russian hat. The people who are getting screwed over don't have the luxury to have a chuckle on Twitter or Instagram. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

U know what i didnt care for Streep speech. It was a lifetime achievement award and she barely mentioned anything about our career. Meghann Mccain is totally right Hollywood and this kind of liberal crap made Donald Trump won. If we contine this we will have him 8 years it just riles up his voters.  I am really sick.of celebs. U know Hilary partying with them days before the big vote did her no favors. Trump was actually going to battleground states and getting in voters heads

• Members

He did until Trump started ignoring him. Now it just seems like attention-seeking to me. I also don't think it's the greatest idea to make comedic hay out of what Russia is now. But I'll admit I'm already biased because I wish most of the Baldwins would go back to 1987.

• Members

Well, we knew this was coming but Jared Kushner has been named Senior Advisor to the president.

Please register in order to view this content

I assumed she was talking about the "unseen" Hollywood, the grips, the craftservice people, the carpenters, makeup artists, PAs, etc. not the "stars".

• Members

Don't let go, just maybe shift it into something productive.  There's good reason to feel disgusted, it's pretty darn disgusting.

On a slightly positive note,

Did I mention that Howard Dean is taking on Breitbart by targeting their advertisers?

Howard Dean rallies the Internet with plan to ‘destroy’ Breitbart — and it’s already working

• Members

I'm still in shutdown mode. I have friends who are organizing and seemed to have been able to hit the ground running but I just can't yet. I just keep thinking about all the new ways this is going to be horrible. The man is ignoring security briefings and baiting other countries. It's just a matter of time before we end up with another 9/11. But the worst is how the Republicans have abandoned even the pretense of caring about governing norms. It's just a free for all.