The Politics Thread

• Members

Despite some black men have grievances with feminists, the LBGT community and some white liberals, Black men are still voting for Democrats at an high 80%+ percentage rate. I guess that will more or less remain that way unless something out there mirrors a Nixon's Southern Strategy along in addition to voter suppression that causes at 50% or more Black men to leave the Democratic party. 

Edited by sivad40

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The alternative, doing nothing is even worse. It's exhausting to continually make reports but many people have had to do this until appropriate action is taken. Perhaps even encourage her constituents to help her put an end to it.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Okay, this article explains the vote was passed with overwhelming yes votes, 420-9, so she could have voted no and it technically would've had no impact on the votes passage. Many of her liberal fans were upset that she didn't vote with the rest of "The Squad". This article suggested that she likely has higher political ambitions, and I tend to agree. She didn't want to register a vote that she could get nailed for down the political "road" (a la Sen. Hillary Clinton and Iraq), so she basically abstained. Unlike HRC, who has always been a moderate and fluid on a number of positions, AOC has always been vocal about her steadfast dedication to take certain political positions, so, in a way, she set herself up for this blowback, by setting her bar so un-negotiably high that anything less would be considered to be backing away from her avowed principles.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-apologizes-after-tearful-present-vote-on-israel-iron-dome-funding-bill/

Also, this Iron Dome spending, worth a billion dollars, can pass but not another round of stimulus checks??!

• Members

People are still hurting. As we post, people are being evicted. Inflation, though it may be temporary, is still sending the costs of things, including food, soaring.

And yes, also infrastructure needs. As a reminder, this morning, I saw a headline about the derailment of an Amtrak train that killed three people and injured about a hundred. Even where I live, I can see that public transit has utterly broken down.

Republicans like Elise Stefanik trying to label Democrats as some sort of "Hamas Caucus" because there were nine dissenting votes is utterly ridiculous.

There has been zero shaming of Republicans and some Democrats' failure to pass critical legislation.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Why is auto-correct so basic?