Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, this is going to be a tough race ... I don't want Laschet to become the next chancellor – simply because he is a clown and I can't take him seriously.

Well, at least right-wing AfD only managed to receive 10% of the vote.
In my city, they had their best results in the poorer suburbs where a lot of immigrants live – which doesn't really make sense.
The Greens won the city vote by a close shave.

• Members

Reading about some Trump-obsessed Congressman from Florida hitting Jon Ossoff in the head with a baseball at the Congressional Baseball Match (he was wearing a helmet, but that isn't the point) just reminds me again of how ridiculous and outright dangerous the "bipartisanship" of DC is. These people are insurrectionists. Some of them even gave instructions to rioters via Twitter during the attack. The time for chumminess is over. These people are threats to society and no Democrat with any sense, one who isn't a right wing piece of garbage like Manchin, SInema, and their pals, should remember that. 

• Members

The WH has clearly let folks off the leash re: the very strong criticism from other Dems towards these two. Manchin/Sinema have been feeling the heat in the last few weeks more than ever before, and I think Manchin responds very poorly to pressure. He's started getting less and less of the unquestioning gaggles he likes where he can just shoot the breeze with Capitol Hill kid reporters and less of the TV hits where he isn't asked any clear questions but is instead starting to be poked more and more specifically on details within these engagements, and even the Bloomberg guy the other day got under his skin and made him lose his cool when he asked him about his son's energy company and its blind trust.

Whenever Manchin feels pressurized, he does another gaggle or pulls something like he did yesterday - puts out a brazen statement or video, which ultimately said nothing new. I don't think it is going to work for him this time in quite the same way. And that's not even getting to Sinema, who is clearly rattled. We're crossing some sort of Rubicon with the bulk of the majority and I don't know where it leads.