The Politics Thread

• Members

Biden's top line is rumored to be 2.0 T which is closer to Manchin and the Republicans top line of 1.5 T than 3.5 T. Much of the narrative has been about how much is costs (which is always the case when it comes to Democratic sponsored bills) than what is actually in it or what will be left in it when it passes. More from AOC. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The topline quoted for Biden was actually 1.8 to 2.3, which you'd know if you weren't deliberately cherrypicking, and which is about where this bill was always going to end up anyway - probably between 2 and 2.5.

But I can always count on you to show up and drag a Democratic victory and insist it doesn't count because the number went down at all. I did tell you you would do exactly this when it got close to passing, didn't I? Shall I quote my post?

• Members

Yes you can dig up that post, my post on what I said in context of passing bills  too or any post for that matter. You can decide then if I'm a right winger like Joe Rogan or a Young Turk like you said I was. I'm my own my man and I march by the beat of my own drum. 

I already heard about 1.8T between and 2.3 T that quoted by Biden but the 2.0 T is being floated out there too. 

• Members

This exact bill, is what it was in reference to. You are already setting yourself up to claim it's a failure when it passes if it's below 3.5, when any sane person knew it would be below 3.5. By determining that in advance as your condition for victory you never have to admit you're wrong (a record I have already enumerated at length, but we've been over that).

It's okay if you wanted Bernie. It's not okay to tear down any Democratic achievement because you've got sour grapes. Bernie is behind this bill, BTW.

• Members

Nice try but I didn't vote for Bernie and that's on record too and you should already know that since you see and know it all.  I also see you are burying the lead (you have a tendency do that) and making what I said all price of the bill when that isn't the case. You have already proven you don't care what's in these bills and long as they pass. 

• Members

Mm, that's not true in the slightest, but I did tell you months ago that you would automatically dismiss this bill's passage if it ever went below 3.5 (actually, you used to insist it be 6 trillion in order to count). And that's exactly what you're doing, preemptively, because all you ever do is concern troll about Democrats. Every time you've been wrong you've moved the goalposts. You don't care what's in the bill. That's okay though, we'll educate you in the coming days anyway. Enjoy!

Edited by Vee

• Members

They are having a long fall from grace, as they were  mad that few of the Democrats they backed in 2020 were doing what they wanted. I imagine they will go begging the GOP for support, even if it means having little voice and going along with election fraud hysteria and authoritarianism, with zero policy beyond  the inevitable tax cuts for the rich.