Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A relevant and, I must add, bittersweet surprise.  

Please register in order to view this content

Here's how I see it: whether or not Kavanaugh gets confirmed, there is an empty seat on the SCOTUS bench, and it will be filled during the Trump administration, and it will be filled with a conservative judge.  We can HOPE and PRAY the next one won't be AS conservative, but it won't be anyone who won't turn back progress in LGBT, reproductive, civil and other rights for a generation or more.  There's just no getting around those facts.

So, yeah, go ahead and confirm the mean drunk who likes to rough up women.  (I'm sure Clarence Thomas could use the company.)  I'll just redirect my attentions toward midterms.  But, ladies, I must warn you that if any of you find yourselves in a situation where you have to be alone with this man at any time, for any reason, for God's sake, bring a friend.

Edited by Khan

• Members

“Probably refers to throwing up,” Kavanaugh said. “I’m known to have a weak stomach and always have.”

I have an unpredictable stomach myself.  Which is why I don't drink beer.

How did this man ever get through law school?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Very true. I guess I was just hoping we wouldn't have another sexual deviant in the highest echelons of our government. Three known predators sends an awful message. It's further confirmation that you can prey on women, harass and disrespect them  and still attain the highest offices in the land.

I don't blame only men for this though. 52% of white women voters and 41% of all women voters, voted a known predator and racist into the presidency. Until more women get some self respect we will continue to be ruled by these awful and dangerous people.

• Members

The above article from Vee about W and his people fighting so hard for Kavanaugh's confirmation just reinforces why it is so important to make sure the public remembers that the GOP was not "stolen" by Trump, that they were what they are now before Trump, and they will be again after him. Many on the left have been happy to give W a pat on the head because he mostly smirks in isolation, only showing up in public to support one of his failed family members or to glom onto the Obamas. The media, which dearly loved that era (because unlike Obama he made them feel special and he helped them go out in tanks and play soldiers, which made them feel like big men), will work hard and has worked hard to make those years seem like an oasis compared to Trump, to help make sure people will support whatever Republican runs after Trump is out. So may have a vested interest to make that happens and to normalize an era that led to everything we have now, whether it be how much the world hates us and wants us to fail, the blood our country coated the Middle East in, the Supreme Court that wants to take us back to 1818, or our devastated economy that is about to crash once again at any day or any moment. It can't happen.

W is no better than Trump. None of the other Republicans of that era, or of his father's era, are any better. They are all the same. They have all put us where we are, and they will do the same again.

Kavanaugh is their man. He's what they always were and always will be. And that bloated, rage-filled face needs to be a permanent memory for anyone who ever thinks that the Republican Party is anything outside of Trump and his dumb kids. 

Edited by DRW50