• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LOL!!

I keep coming back to the phrase "the lady doth protest too much, methinks."  Of course, "the lady," in this case, is a man, and his name is Brett Michael Kavanaugh.  

He is so enraged at what he sees as a smear campaign that it isn't occurring to him (or maybe it is, as Carl suggests) that he's coming off as a raving lunatic, and someone absolutely capable of rape or attempted rape.

Maybe he is playing to Trump and his base.  I wouldn't be surprised if he were.  And maybe that's just enough to get him confirmed, although I don't think that has ever been in doubt.  But, somehow, someway, his "performance" will backfire on him, on the committee, on the GOP as a whole.

And I still believe Brett is hiding something.

Well, maybe not revenge, per se, but definitely karma.

When they came hard and fast for Bill during "Monicagate," it was clear it had everything to do with taking down a couple whom they'd hated from day one, and nothing to do with seeking justice for his alleged victims.  You can't be that vindictive without it coming back to bite you.

So, what goes around DOES come around, Brett.  (Which is actually what I said on this board not TOO long ago, so if it turns out he, too, visits SON, I will never stop laughing, lol.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

If nothing else at least we can say that the Senate Republicans are out and proud about what they are. 

The media oohed and aahed over Lindsey Graham, especially his great trio with McCain (RIP) and overhyped Kelly Ayotte, yet he's now a frothing at the mouth lunatic (he always was but he sometimes tried to hide it). They oohed and aahed over Ben Sasse for his empty posturing about Trump, but he has huddled up to Kavanaugh when it matters most. They cooed over Susan Collins, who has made herself a professional victim and made it clear she's supporting Kavanaugh in the end. 

They just have one paper tiger (Jeff Flake, who will also talk about how hard all of this is for him before doing as he's told) left, and he's leaving soon.

They will have to find some other "sensible" and "moderate" conservative to make into their imaginary friend. 

Good luck with that.

• Members

The last few years have made it clear - not that it wasn't already 99% of the way there - how much the GOP hates women, and that only women who hate other women have any chance with them. This whole day has been a victory lap for misogyny and abuse of women. And when Kavanaugh is confirmed it will be because of men like Lindsey Graham and Trump who hate women and are active in punishing them for existing. 

• Members

BK: "I drank beer with my friends—almost everyone did. Sometimes I had too many beers, sometimes others did. I like beer. I still like beer."

Okay.  I'm-a tell y'all something, and you're gonna think I'm nuts for saying this, but here goes....

You've noticed how he was guzzling water during parts of his testimony, right?  Well, there's a member of my mother's extended family -- a cousin, who's now an associate minister at Mama Khan's old church (although, his ordination papers are still suspect, but that's another story) -- who guzzles water that same way every Sunday when he's sitting behind the pulpit.  (You can see it for yourself on one of the congregation member's FB page.  Mama Khan and I certainly do.)

The reason why he drinks so much water on Sundays?  Because, he's JUST coming down from getting [!@#$%^&*]-faced the night before.

IOW, my family member is an alcoholic.  It's no secret, everyone in the family knows he is.

I would not be surprised if Brett were an alcoholic as well.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he had had a few before giving that testimony.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Could we convince him to put back on the superhero cape and leather football helmet and sing that "cute" little song one more time?  I think we could!

(And I'm so glad I wasn't alone in thinking he was drunk.)

Edited by Khan