Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This isn't for us. It's for Trump and the press at large who will buy into the idea of the righteous husband and father fighting a smear campaign. Notice the headlines are things like "Kavanaugh chokes up while defending his name," and along those lines.

People who have bought and paid for him do. 

The catch is that he seems truly unhinged and desperate in a way that Clarence Thomas never was in the same position. He also tries to switch personalities a lot. He's very unstable and will likely be dangerous to all on the Supreme Court, even those who are selling their souls for him. But they don't care, they won't admit their mistake, just as they won't with Trump. They're all in.

• Members

Megyn Kelly is the worst kind of gutter trash. She was assaulted by Ailes and almost poisoned by Trump and still she's carrying water for predators. As for worrying about Dem nominees, the truth is Dems vet our candidates better. The worst thing they could find about Sonia Sotomayor was her wise Latina comment. These people are disgusting and it's become clear to me that Lindsey Graham is pretty much in the process of having a nervous breakdown. Since @Khan likes his soap references, I feel like Graham is turning into Roxie Shayne at the end of Johnny Bauer's illness. I wouldn't be surprised if he launched himself out the window.

• Members

As bad as Clarence Thomas was in his life and at his job, even he knew that he could never get away with an unhinged performance like this.  His woe-is-me "high tech lynching" statement was about as far as he'd be allowed to push the boundaries.  

Thomas was amoral and unethical but he was no fool.

• Members

Thomas-Anita Hill is a good comparison in some ways but things people may have forgotten. Kavanaugh's polling in atrocious. Not that this should really matter but Thomas still was over 50% partially because he still had the support of the African American male community. So his nomination wasn't as partisan and it was still partisan, which tells you how bad it is today.

• Members

I guess it is the epitome of rich white privilege. Kavanaugh has never been in this position before. That means no one ever knew the true him. Now we do. He's lucky that he has so much room to just do whatever he wants. He's probably the luckiest man to ever be in this position. 

True. And today I also wonder if the GOP would pick any black judge, even an arch-conservative judge beloved in Federalist Society circles.