Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

From what I'm reading, it is being said that Republicans are regretting using a sex crimes prosecutor to do the questioning as they believe it has had disastrous results.

Things likely would've been disastrous for the Republicans of the Senate regardless but now, they have someone else to blame but themselves, I guess.

Anyway, from what I've seen, Dr. Blasey Ford is without doubt credible.  She may have been prepped for this day but she is not rehearsed.  It shows. Regardless of who would do the questioning, I doubt it would've gone any other way.

• Members

They'll blame Rachel Mitchell for 'not being tough enough.'

I was fairly sure Kavanaugh was going down before today - I still mostly am - but this is having a public impact today that is bigger than I expected. It's going to be huge in November.

Lindsey Graham is really, really pissed.

• Members

I saw that she was also saying that Ford was getting doubts cast onto her little by little. And apparently Chuck Todd was supporting her views (Kelly's). 

They are the two most chained to the Beltway so they have to fight the hardest for shilling, as they likely know Kavanaugh is golden no matter what.

• Members

I've known what CNN is all about for years now. 

That insinuation that somehow Prof. Hill is less worthy of empathy than Prof. Blasey Ford speaks to what we as black women have known all along.  According to some, we are more likely to be sexualized at earlier ages, more likely to be stereotyped as impervious to being hurt or feeling pain.

The KKK's entire ethos was to protect white women so they are seen as worthy of protection, while we black women are not.

Soledad O'Brien can speak to the lack of representation of blacks behind the camera at CNN and it shines through repeatedly.  I cannot emphasize enough how glad I am that I cut the cord about 8 years ago.  CNN does some effective reporting but their staff is severely limited.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

"She’s an attractive person."

Pardon me, Sen. Hatch, but what the [!@#$%^&*] does that have to do with anything?  Are you saying she would have been less credible if she'd been as ugly as homemade sin?  Somebody vote this s.o.b. out of office, PLEASE.

Amy Siskind's right: the GOP is failing at this, because they give zero [!@#$%^&*] what goes on in the rest of the world that isn't white, straight or male.