Britney Spears Thread

Toups

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched the latest documentary and it got me speculating about the mental heath of her father, Jamie.  His motivations are so suspicious.  Although he clearly has lived off of the income of being her conservator, he doesn't appear to be solely driven by a need for money because (1) he lives a pretty simple life without a lot of luxuries, (2) he probably would have still made money by serving other roles like Britney's Mom, and (3) if he only wanted the cash, he was sure using a lot of it on surveillance and security. 

The surveillance was so over the top that it makes me question if Jamie is paranoid.  I mean who needs Britney's daily texts and video throughout her house?  It is reasonable that any parent would be worried about a child who was so emotionally fragile as Britney.  However, his extreme response made me ponder his sanity.  We know that there are genetic factors in mental illnesses such as psychosis and bipolar disorder.  Jamie's mother committed suicide when he was young and we know he has had dependency issues with drugs and alcohol.  So, I wonder if Jamie's own mental illness was partially to blame for how long the conservatorship lasted?

Edited by j swift

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Today (December 2) is Britney Spears' 40th birthday. Given all she's gone through the last 15 years, I'm honestly surprised she made it to 40. 

Music-wise, Britney hasn't had a big solo hit since Hold it Against Me, and that was over 10 years ago. In this era of Spotify and TikTok, is a late career comeback in the vein of Believe-era Cher possible?

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...