Britney Spears Thread

Toups

• Members

Well, commercially, the public seems a bit over her (not that Britney's heart has been into her career for years now). 

Queen Barbra Streisand is on course to score her 10th #1 album, and Britney's Glory is on course to debut at #3 next week. Official results will be reported by Billboard on Thursday. 

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=302786 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Her album sales were actually pretty solid, and about on average with what most albums sell first week now a days. Had her team been a bit more timely and released the album later she could have had the #1 album this week. However radio is really over her. Her last big hit was about three years ago, as a feature artist for an artist no one really cares about anymore. It's a shame because it seems like she really was excited to promote this album, and seemed reinvigorated in her career with this past album. It just seems like she recuperated to late before she really came back. Her performance abilities have increased ten-fold since 2007, and even since 2011. Vegas did her good in that realm. 

• Members

The album sold on par with what Britney Jean sold in its first week - given the amount of promo she did for this album (she barely did any for Britney Jean), this has got to be a big disappointment for her and her team. I exact final sales to be as terrible as Britney Jean's were. I wonder how bad the fall will be next week. Her commercial career really seems to be over (as you mentioned, radio will no longer support her), she's now essentially a glorified Vegas act at this point. It's sort of sad that Barbra, who essentially dusted off a bunch of old Broadway songs and duetted with movie stars and is well into the 6th decade of her career, beat her in album sales in her first week (let alone Florida Georgia Line). 

She's not as savvy as Beyonce, who has managed to sell albums and remain relevant without a big radio single. The public will always have some sort of interest in what Britney's up to, but no one (outside of the diehard fans she has left) seems interested in her musical output or overall career.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

She is terrible. I've always loved Brit and I don't mind the lipsyncing, but since Britney Jean she has gone so far down hill. I think that album was fine, but the lack of promo for two good singles ruined what could've been a strong campaign. Perfume especially was her first good ballad in years and had she done some live performances, singing live, that could've done tons for her credibility. Then with this album, people keep saying it's so good and a return to form, but I don't hear it. It's too down-tempo and her vocals sound so bad. How she sounding raspy on Private Show when she been resting her vocals for 15 years? How that work? Make Me is cute, but not a total bop and she botched that VMA slot by giving so much time to G Easy who is beyond tired.

I hope she gets it together.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Stop that. I've been listening to the album non-stop since it was released. Slumber Party is nice and fits in nicely at the section of the album it is in. But it's not a second single. What happened to Do You Wanna Come Over? She could have shocked everyone by releasing Liar. Even Man on the Moon could have been a good choice.

The video has some nice photography and the guy is hot. That's about it. Other than that, incredibly basic and simple. This Las Vegas showgirl thing she's adopted and exhibiting now all the time, is hurting her. Maybe she could attempt a different video once in a while and not the same sexy kitten dancing routine. Oh, wait, this one had some lesbianism thrown in.

Please register in order to view this content

Come on now boo.

HOWEVER... if the song does well, I WILL be happy for her. Maybe basic and obvious is exactly what she needed.

Um, I go out too. Just not to seedy strip clubs. lol.

• Members

This is Britney's hottest video in years imo the song is good not great but kicks "make me"s ass! I'd much prefer "if I'm dancing" as her second single but this is ok, she's actually moving and dancing along the lines of her much older videos instead of just standing there and walking back and forth like she's been doing for awhile now. Thumbs up Brit!!!