Y&R: Week of September 15, 2008

• Members

I know. That's why I can't get into Jana and Kevin. I LOOOOOVED Kevin when he first showed up and his whole storyline with Lily and Colleen. Now, I can't stand him.

Just finished Tuesday's US episode... liked the ending! And the previews! This is definitely the end of Jack and Sharon AND Nick and Phyllis.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually like the kevin/Colleen relationship. Its by far more complex and layerd than any young relationship on the show. but they should use the history, not hide it. Kevin should be talking about how Colleen is his friend and he cares about her and watches out for her because inspite of everything he did to her she ended up up helping him out and he owes it to her. not just because of what he did to her but because of how she showed him what a friend is like.

or ya know, something like that. instead of just letting us assume all of that.

• Members

Yeah, but I don't see it as something normal. Who would want to be friend's with a person that locked you in a freezer and left you to die? Yes, I know it's a soap and all and I guess we should move pass that, like we should move pass the rape when a rapist and the victim fall in love, but I don't know...

• Members

I agree.

I just think since they went the way of making them friends they NEED to explaine why kevin feels like that. Thats the thing. Again, they are TELLING the audiance something insetad of SHOWING them the storyline beats for the relationship/friendship/etc...

yeah, i agree. I dont hate kevin now but i also dont care for him. I loved it when he went on his date with lauren and held her at gunpoint. That was AMAZING stuff!

From what i have read this does seem to be the thing to shake up that horrid quad.

• Members

I agree with you that Kevin/Colleen relationship would probably be better if they actually had them talk about it. But I don't expect that to happen. Although I'm not sure if I could EVER see them as close friends. Sure, I could go for them being civil to each other, but to be some best friends, nah...

Good! The quad needs some shaking! :D A shake NOT done by Restless Style! So I'm liking where this is going! I hope Jack comes back home while Nick is still there! :D

• Members

ITA. When Colleen and Kevin "made up" after Jana locked them up, I felt it was a contrived plot point just to leave their past behind. IMO, Adrianne Leon's Colleen and Kevin worked precisely because of their amazing Hate Chemistry -- which bordered on the near-sexual at times. I'm not saying I wanted them to start sleeping with each other, I just liked that naughty, dangerous subtext.

Anyway, when Colleen starting going after Kevin and trying to ruin his life, she was turning the tables on him and pushing him to almost breaking point. You never knew if he was going to snap and revert to Evil Kevin (which Colleen was counting on him doing). It also shifted our perspective on Colleen from Kevin's victim to his aggressor. I just really liked the dynamic and it certainly gave both characters an edge but, unfortunately, LML didn't follow through. As usual. <_<

• Members

Yeah, she has awful hair. Awful. But the hairband?! :blink: WHAT?! The Waldorf connection?! Give me a break! :P It looks juvenile and doesn't even work on Blair. It's ridiculous.  :lol:

It's just awful when someone is angry for their entire life!

Someone said she has chemistry with Jeanne. Yeah, right. I just don't see it. Zero chemistry. Zero.

• Members

Relax. The hairband was just a suggestion. :lol: I happen to think JW looks good with her hair pushed back from her eyes.

And I'm the one who said she has chemistry with Jeanne. Both are my favourites on the show and I love their vibe. So don't attack me for liking who I like. :lol: As we all know, opinions are subjective.

Archived