Y&R: Week of September 15, 2008

• Members

I'm one step worse than YRBB...I have a tape of Brad Carlton's "rap song" to Ashley Abbott (a young Don Diamont to Brenda Epperson)...he was asking her to marry him, singing "When Will You Say Yes?".

That BELONGS on Youtube. But I have to figure out how to take a tape and make it digital...without wanting to buy all the intervening equipment :).

There WAS a time when Diamont was a light force on the show (more good than bad), decent eye candy. We never knew his motivations...he was always an opportunist and a concealer...but there was none of the nasty backstabbing of today's Brad. We actually believed that Brad genuinely cared for Ashley.

Now...this character is reduced to cinders. I wonder if they can help him find his way. I've already thought...maybe Brad needs to go to an Israeli Kibbutz...put in some hard work...discover his spiritual and working class (ex-gardener) roots...and come back a decent man again. I'm wondering if some high profile returns will soon give Brad a story...and help him rediscover what was once good about him. Maybe even he just needs to go in a cage for a few months....

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can answer this! It is ".flv" (flash video). I _think_ that when you upload to youtube from many other common formats (e.g., wma, wmf, avi, mpg) that Youtube automatically converts. Right?

Please let us know when. I literally cannot wait. I guess you could say I had a bit of a young man's crush on her.

• Members

OMG, don't even mention tapes, I have a million Y&R episodes on them and I've got to sit down and figure how to convert them to DVD :rolleyes:

That Brad scene sounds completely hilarious. I know that a lot of people can't stand Brad anymore and I don't blaim them. But Brad, in his own right, is a brilliant character. Some claim his smugness and that air of superiority are bad things about him, but that's just who Brad is. He's smug, manipulative, highly opportunistic like you said, but he was also very caring to the ones that he loved. And his looks didn't hurt. Don Diamont relished in the very specific writing that Bell did for him and that's why it worked. However, the terrible writing for him the last few years has not done him any favors.

• Members

I love Jess Walton, and when her character is written correctly she is sublime. Her knockout scenes in 1998 when she crashed Katherine's party to claim the estate as her own was nothing short of magnificent. Hell, TPTB used that as there submission for "Best Drama Series." As well, her work during the "Who Shot Victor" storyline was great too.

I agree with Cat that Hendrickson's work on Monday is astonishing, and the only thing worth watching on tomorrow's US episode.

• Members

Bless you!

If you have that era, I've got to ask...because this was a major point in my life :)

Do you have that 1983 episode where the Abbotts gathered in their living room to meet Madame Mergeron (who was trying to buy Jabot)...and it was revealed to be Dina? Mamie walked in, and her tray of champagne glasses crashed to the floor.

I would pay to see that scene again. Seriously, I would send you $$ :).

I'll take whatever you've got!

Not to steal your thunder, but I see you uploaded this great clip (right after Patty shot Jack...she's forgotten, but Jack is going to live). I want everyone to notice a drumbeat I have been beating for some time...

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Andrea Evans was Patty, Paul's sister. She has since disappeared. Not even mom Williams knows where she is.

Now, AE also played Tawny, Amber's mother on B&B.

Please, please, please, please (I know I am alone in this, but still) PLEASE let them make the connection. AE (or someone else) comes to GC. It turns out Tawny and Amber are the same person. This ties Amber to the Wiliams. Also, it lets us follow the next beat in the tale of Patty Williams, someone I have missed for a long time.

Archived