Y&R: Week of September 15, 2008

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Colleen is a desperate slut.

I still don't understand why she mad at Amber when she broke up with the professor. Unless she trying to get back at Amber because she broke up Lily & Daniel marriage. I think I'll except that then her getting mad at Amber because of the Professor who left a couple of months ago. Get over it Colleen he's not even around to see you make a fool out of herself.

• Members

I don't get that either, Mo. I think what Y&RWorldTurner, dmarex and others have said is right. They have no idea what to do with her, so for now she's stuck in this story.

IA.

Today wasn't the most thrilling of shows, but I gotta say that I was diggin Neil and Karen together today. Besides looking great together physically, this was the first time I felt a connection with them as a couple. Y&R doesn't do enough of these types of love scenes (well, soaps in general don't anymore).

I like how it ended as well. It appears that they are sticking with trying to end the shows with some sort of cliffhanger and for me, it's working.

• Members

Me too--with no smily.

She is precisely the kind of provocateuse (sp?), pot-stirrer that used to FUEL soaps. She is precisely the kind of female character that Bill Bell (according to Susan Seaforth Hayes, in her autobiography with Bill) used to build his shows around. But...while she is in a classic mould...she is perfectly situated for the modern era. I am around young women every day in my job, and many-many-many-many-many of them are like Amber.

Amber is also perfect because she engenders REACTION. You love her or you HATE her. There is nothing milquetoast or boring or unclear about her. She is a creature driven by id, wrapped in the vexing double-package of no self-esteem and hot sexuality. She is playing "trailer trash", and I find it UTTERLY believable.

The absence of more characters like Amber--characters that provoke strong response--is part of the undoing of daytime.

Archived