Y&R: Week of September 15, 2008

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You didn't need to post a response to her post to do so. By doing that, it looks as if you're trying to belittle her opinion.

It would be an entirely different ordeal had you simply posted something like, "IMO, CK was great on Monday's episode, she can totally hold her own with the best of them."

And I don't condone people responding to something like that and ridiculing you for saying it.

• Members

I don't know why I love Jess Walton as Jill; I just do!

Maybe it's because I remember her sweet, strong Kelly on Capitol. and then when she came on Y&R, she blew me away with her fierceness. After Brenda Dickson's attempts at emoting via cue cards (seriously, what happened to Brenda in the 80s? Because in the 70s her Jill was naturalistic and glowed with inner fire), Jess Walton was a breath of fresh air. I also love JW's chemistry with Jeanne Cooper.

MarkH expressed more beautifully than I ever could why the Jill of today resonates (with me at least). Oh, and this:

"You got the rantings of some old alkie who can't get past breakfast without taking a slug off of her flask." Man, I still get goosebumps thinking of her delivery of that line.

I wish JW would do something with her hair, though. The blonde highlights, the spikey do... no. I want a brunette, blown-out, wavy bob. I want the big earings. The red nails. Damn it, I want the hairband back!

default.jpgdefault.jpg

default.jpgdefault.jpg

P.S.: Don't remember Deborah Adair as Jill, but she was the definitive Kate on Days for me.

• Members

I think her current style fits her much better than her old one would, but i could see a sholder length cut with soft browns and reddish colors in it. it could work.

and no, they are not. not unless you are a 16yearold spoiled gossip bitch who lives the high social life of NYC's teen set. lol.

however, headscarfs? that is OK.

• Members

Brenda is a truly fascinating case. Somewhere between her first departure from Y&R (she had already begun to vamp up) and her return, all the humanity was lost. She became this over-emoting shell, all surface, nothing underneath.

Ironically, it worked for the character. Her Jill married for money, not love (Deborah Adair did something more subtle...it was also money-not-love...except Jill had major father-abandonment issues, and John touched her at that level). So, all of Brenda's vamping and shallowness somehow helped create Jill as the villainness who deserved all the karma coming her way. That was fun to watch, in an Alexis Carrington way.

That is also an outdated portrayal of the vamp...not even gay men like that kind of diva anymore...and so Walton sort of freshened the character and brought her into the "post-Dynasty" era.

But Brenda....it only got worse, of course. "Welcome to My Home" is the culmination of all that narcissism and delusion...and her recent battles over her apartment with her husband, and her INJUDICIOUS battle with her judge...all these things show that she has lost a real perspective on her power, her value, and how to get what she really wants of out life.

• Members

Brenda is a truly fascinating case. Somewhere between her first departure from Y&R (she had already begun to vamp up) and her return, all the humanity was lost. She became this over-emoting shell, all surface, nothing underneath.

Ironically, it worked for the character. Her Jill married for money, not love (Deborah Adair did something more subtle...it was also money-not-love...except Jill had major father-abandonment issues, and John touched her at that level). So, all of Brenda's vamping and shallowness somehow helped create Jill as the villainness who deserved all the karma coming her way. That was fun to watch, in an Alexis Carrington way.

That is also an outdated portrayal of the vamp...not even gay men like that kind of diva anymore...and so Walton sort of freshened the character and brought her into the "post-Dynasty" era.

But Brenda....it only got worse, of course. "Welcome to My Home" is the culmination of all that narcissism and delusion...and her recent battles over her apartment with her husband, and her INJUDICIOUS battle with her judge...all these things show that she has lost a real perspective on her power, her value, and how to get what she really wants of out life.

Archived