Y&R: Week of September 15, 2008

• Members

Ehh, I'm still not as into her as I was when she was on B&B, which is when she was someone I loved to hate (but really rooted for her deep down inside because of the horrible Forresters). The writing isn't doing her justice, though. I think Michael and Adrienne are two of the best of the younger cast but I'm just not that into them. The breakup scene was great but this whole Colleen debacle is just eye-roll inducing. I haven't seen Monday's episode yet but both she and Daniel of 2008 are far from she and Daniel at their inception.

And lemmie say that Leighton and Ed's chemistry is truly something to be admired. All soaps should take notes on those two. The minute where Chuck holds Blair from behind and grabs her hand was steamy. Daytime hasn't an iota of that magic, not for years.

And Blair is my fave!! Leighton plays the ish out of her!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll take Jess with long hair any day of the week. Headband or no headband. She's hot.

It is awful when someone is angry their entire life...that's the point with Jill! That's why she's sympathetic because she's taken a lot of sh*t in her life and she's still here, she's the ultimate survivor. I just love Jill, she's one of Bill Bell's gold standards. Just divine.

I agree that Jess and Jeanne have zero chemistry as mother and daughter. However, as adversaries...scorching! Even as sort of allies, scorching! I've bought it from day one. One of my favorite scenes (aside from Jill crashing Kay's party) is when Phillip Jr dies and Jill looks up at Kay in utter disbelief and just moans "First the father...and now...THE SON" and just breaks into tears over Phillip's dead body, that scene gets me every time. Another great one is when Jill breaks the news to Kay that Rex is a bum she pulled off the street

Kay: What you're saying is absurd...

Jill: NO it's not absurd Katherine, Rex Sterling is a bum I pulled off a park bench when he was passing through town! I don't know who he is or where he's from but I could SEE the man had potential. So I cleeeeaned him up and gaaaaave him a name, I had clothes made for him, I bankrolled him and then I turned him loose to work his magic.

Kay: I don't believe you Jill, I, I

Jill: And the man is magic isn't he? The way he talks, the way he acts? The way he makes you believe in him the way he makes you CARE about him!

Those scenes I could never imagine Brenda Dickson pulling off in a million years. I am almost assured that had Brenda stayed on at Y&R she'd have been written off or killed off in the mid 90s, she played Jill the same way so many other actresses played divas (Joan Collins without a sense of humor and even worse makeup) and look at what's happened to them!

But back to this current week. The show is enjoyable. I am now rooting for Amber, what a difference a year makes!

• Members

:o

So OT LOL. But they should have their own show. Forget Serena and "Lonely Boy" Humphrey. My favorite scene so far this season, though, is when he breaks down, THE Chuck Bass, and tells her that he felt like he didn't deserve her. I could watch that scene a dozen times. They both tapped into such insecurity and truth in those 2-3 minutes. And the fact that he couldn't do it! He couldn't overcome himself, the greatest barrier between Blair and him. I am so glad the writers have gone this route. They could play this cat and mouse game for the entire season and I'd never tire of it.

THIS is how you keep two people who belong together apart. I would've loved for the writers to have done the same for Amber and Daniel. Sleeping with the professor is so lame. Some internal conflict, some insecurity on both their parts, that would've carried their affair much more effectively through the screen and to the viewers.

• Members

I so agree. Delayed gratification. The soaps used to be masters at this, especially Days, Santa Barbara and GH. Exquisite torture for months and months and months. Sometimes even years. Teasing out every piece of subtext, every sigh, every stolen kiss. GG has filled that void at the moment.

• Members

I'm kinda hoping they're doing so with the quad: Sharon, Nick, Phyllis, and Jack. I know I'm in the minority but I liked Sharon and Nick. I also liked Phyllis and Nick early on but Sharon and Nick were so sweet. Some think they were boring, but I think they were sweet. So, if they wait months for them to rekindle their affair, I'd really appreciate it.

Although, yesterday, throwing a curve ball at us with Brad calling Sharon first (not even his own daughter, mind you), I hope they don't REDO the Sharon/Brad thing AGAIN. They beat them to death for like 3/4 of 2007 and even though that would've been spicy, they pretty much killed that possibility with all that delayed gratification LOL. So, no Sharon/Brad then Sharon/Nick please. Jesus.

• Members

Was just thinking about Monday's episode involving Chloe/Cane/Lily/Jill/Kay/Rock-on Rocco.

-Kay's ultimatums to Cane make me think she is actively backing Chloe. Why? Out of loyalty to Esther? Or to stick it to Jill? She did this with Amber, too.

-Lily seemed to have more sympathy for Chloe at the end of the show than she did for Colleen in the previous episode. I sensed a real bitchy undercurrent between TS's Colleen and CK's Lily. BFF? :lol:

- I am so hoping nuBilly interacts with Chloe. I'm really hoping BM and EH have scorching chemistry with each other.

- And, finally, Cane. I love you, sweets. You are very cute. But really, Beastmaster. You let your mam, grandma AND your babymama push you around. In fact, this post from Television Without Pity made me ROTFLMAO:

• Members

Can't wait to see nuBilly! I am even more excited after reading Eileen's interview! All the Abbott kids will be together! Yay! :D

But I just have to say... I loved today's scene with Katherine in front of Victor's house! :lol: It was so funny! :lol: I don't know if it was meant to be funny, but it was. The way Kay would give the guard a look!

Also, I love what Sharon's letter is doing to the quad. Definitely shook things up and rhythmchyc, I agree with what you said in your last post completely!! :D Also, every time Jack and Sharon exchange "I love you's" I wanna barf.. LOL

Adam snitching Nikki to Brad was great. I can't wait to see what will become from this. Brad vs Nikki! :D

Didn't care about River/Whoria/Jeffrey scenes.

Archived