Y&R: Week of September 15, 2008

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG, I almost barfed when Collen showed up at Daniel's door and stripped. WTF??? The writers should never ever spring that on the viewers. We need some preparation for that nauseating pair. I CANNOT STAND COLLEEN AND DANIEL!! FOR THE LIFE OF ME, GET THEM OFF THE MOFO SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

And I wish it was Leon in with the rest of the Abbot kids. <sigh>

And I must say Judith isn't as annoying she was anymore. I like her subtle. I hope that continues.

I must ask why didn't the camera show all of Tammin's body? I don't understand the total G rating soaps are getting these days. Last week, when Vail and Chris were in bed, they showed all of her, too much actually. What the hell was up with them not showing any of Tammin? Was that the actresses choice? Why are these actresses so prudish? I miss the days of post-coital sweat and gratuitous sex.

And I must say, none of the younger cast of guys are HOT! What happened to casting hunks? Sure, the Y&R guys are great actors but soaps are supposed to be about escape. If I want to see Emmy-caliber regular joes, I can watch 24 and Heroes.

• Members

Word on both accounts. I was SOOOO grossed out and confused by Friday's scenes--and then left to wonder, what the heck happened to Colleen.

And yea, I'm SOO looking forward to a chem test or scenes or whatever with BM and EH--that's got potential to rock!

• Members

Never going to happen, you're biasness for Colleen and the actress who plays her is getting in your way.

From the way the story is written, it clearly favours Daniel and Amber as the core couple and Colleen as the outsider. Daniel and Amber's emotions and longing to be together is what's making it on screen, nothing about Colleen's feelings are being delved into. Colleen is lucky they're giving her this, because they obviously hate writing anything for her that's her own.

• Members

I am a vocal supporter of TS but I'm not so biased towards her that I can't see straight if that's what you're implying.

You're probably right. I hope when this storyline is over they either bring in someone new for Colleen or just put her with Devon. I still hope they don't waste Billy on Chloe though.

I disagree. I think her lack of air time in the first half of this year can be attributed to the fact that the writers didn't like the Adrian Korbel character (and who could blame them?) and while Colleen was tied to him, she had to join him on the backburner. The writers have focused on Colleen much more since she dumped Adrian.

I'm going to remain optimistic that Tammin will soon get her "defining" story, as Meryl Adrianne had with "Cadrian".

• Members

Ha. I disagree..

Here is the thing. She was amazing in that role. She fit in in an instant. She was an Abbott and played every ebat of that char. her style actually fit Y&R. She had chem with everyone. She took over a widly popular role from an actress who was loved by Y&R fans, and it worked.

Then she got fired because of her weight. It was wrong. And fans were pissed. However, i do not think that would stand in the way of accepting a recast that was at least as good as AL if not better. Many people do not like TS. Either because they feel she is a bad actress. because she just doesnt fit in the role. because she lacks chem. because of whatever. They do.

People are not out to get her. They dont blame her for the situation, they just dont like her. Its that simple.

Inf act the exact same thing goes for DS/CK.

These arguments and insults post to post all around are really stupid and pointless. People feel how they feel, and a little respect BOTH ways would go a long way...

That said i actually like Daniel & Colleen, However the chem between MG & AF is off the charts and they must get back together.

• Members

ITA. Seeing Daniel with Colleen after the Amber storyline feels like a nightmare.

It's not Sursok's fault she ended up getting the role that nobody wants to see her in. It's Lynnie's fault. Same thing happened with Sabine Singh on AMC. She just can't fit in.

• Members

I think she was an okay actress, though I didn't see the so-called chemistry between her and Eyal Podell that everyone raved on about. And I didn't like the out-of-character bitchiness she brought to the role. But what I detested more than anything else about AL's Colleen was her annoying voice. She sounded very babyish and she mumbled and whispered all the time. (At least Lyndsy and Tammin can enunciate.)

That was never confirmed or proven.

• Members

I don't mind Tammin as an actress. I simply hate her as Colleen because she hasn't emulated Fonseca or Leon or tried to reinvent Colleen. She's simply taken the writing as it is, which is fine, most actors do that.

If Tammin had come to the show as an independent character I bet we'd like her. It's that she's Colleen and yet she's NOT Colleen which is the major problem.

That said, loving this week. Jeanne Cooper was great outside Victor's house.

Archived