Y&R: Week of September 15, 2008

• Members

I just watched.

It was a pretty good episode.

Okay, JackPeyton, you're gonna LOVE this! Colleen annoyed me SO MUCH that I actually wanted Daniel to make up with Amber, just to spite Colleen. :P:D

I love Jack and Adam teaming up! That hand shake was awesome! I can't wait to see this storyline play out.

Nikki and Phyllis was... well nice, but I still hate this Phyllis.

River storyline was once again boring. But I didn't FF it! Mostly because of Lauren being there.

And Billy being back... it was a good cliffhanger. I won't say that I LOVE Billy right away. I will wait and see. But I guess so far so good. :D

Can't wait for the weekend to pass to watch more Y&R!! Woohoo!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem is that should have happened when she first found out and I have to admit that even me, a huge Likey lover, fully expected Lauren to force Michael to take a stand. LML gave Tracey and Christian two good scenes with the cream reveal and then LML had her off the show for over a week and when she came back it was right after Nick "died" and Michael and Lauren were used to hold Phyllis' hand and babysit for Summer for the next 6 mos while she was on trial and in jail.

LML wanted Lauren to know the secret and yet had no follow up because she was all about Phyllis. I expected an angsty story for them with Lauren leaving with Fen to wake him up and Michael being torn between his habitual default position of protecting Gloria and Kevin and his need for his own family. Christian and Tracey would have gone to town with an angst story but now it would make no sense since Michael has kept Lauren in the loop on pretty much everything over the past two years.

I do agree though that Michael and Lauren need their own storyline away from Gloria. Gloria is even taking over this story about Lowell when it has always been a Likey story. I don't get why they refuse to use Lauren in business mode. Lauren and Michael should have been written as the true power couple of this soap but the writers want Lauren as a housewife and mother. Maria Bell doesn't seem to know Lauren any better than LML. Michael and Lauren are a good couple but they would be great if they let them be happily married but at their snarky best like they were when Jack Smith first put them together. Instead they have been relegated as mere props for other characters for years, especially Gloria.

• Members

Please someone get this NOTColleen off my screen. What business did she have telling Amber to get out or the talentless Daniel's Art show, when she herself wasn't even invited till the last minute. Amber was invited several times by Daniel while Colleen tried several different methods to get her ass there, before Daniel finally relented and gave her a ticket. This character is so pathetic with her desperation, something I don't remember form either of the other two Colleen's.

I'm also glad someone else has noticed Lilly's bitchy tude towards her supposed best friend. I didn't notice it earlier in the week but it was evident at the gallery. Is this being written in, or do these women have something else going on off screen?

I love Billy/Liam. Hopefully they don't make the mistake of pairing him with Saint Lilly. My new theory is that if he is Chloe's baby daddy, he's not going to want the Kid and poor Cane will step up and do the Saintly/Noble thing and raise the kid as his own, lol. Y&R needs a serial killer who takes out holier than thous!

For some reason this younger set is stealing the show away from everyone else. The only thing that is notable about the rest is Michelle's great new hair cut. The bangs take ten years off her!!

And please don't pair Lauren with Brad. No one deserves that scum bag, although if Sharinitwitheveryone and him got back together I wouldn't mind.

• Members

Yes, I agree. EXCEPT...I really like Cane. I mean to say, I think Daniel Goddard can sell ANY "strong, serious leading man" stuff they give him.

Lily is the weak link. I say this as a former fan...but the actress is simply not up for the more adult role. Moreover, the self-sacrificing story she is being given simply does not play in 2008...and it makes fans roll their eyes rather than root for her.

The bigger issue is that Cane (both in terms of the actor's age, and in terms of the true age of the character, who was born in 1975) should not be in the same set as Amber, Daniel, etc.

He is a mid-to-late 30s lead (he'll fit well with Billy Miller). They need to free him from these young girls and put him with strong, confident, slightly older sexy women. Heather (failed chemistry test, but she has warmed up since), Phyllis (yup!), Sharon (yup!)...these are the right matches for Cane.

I am anticipating that slimy-Billy and earnest-Cane will be quite a nice battle...brothers at war for Jabot and Chancellor. They need to free Cane from this youth storyline.

I am anticipating (very smart) that Y&R is ALREADY building its next generation with a Noah and

core.

Archived