Y&R: TV Guide Confirms JG is out and his replacement!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah, so modest... :lol:

And Denney and Foster are definitely gone from Days? Surprised that wasn't made more public...

They should definitely get back to Y&R.

Of course that might not part of Paul Rauch's plan.

Does anyone know when Rauch and Bell show up on the credits as Co-EP's and do people think there will be an immediate change?

• Members

It's funny, I was reading 1983's SOap World by LaGuardia and they talk about when John Conboy left Y&R (I believe around when Bill Bell finally agreed to make it an hour, something he really didn't wanna do--similar to how Agnes Nixon held out on making AMC an hour I guess) and his replacement EP came in and a few actors joked that now because the lighting had been brightened you could SEE the sets on screen--it wasn't all just a dim haze around the actors glowing faces...

• Members

I heard Rauch did a good job at OLTL (In my opinion good job and OLTL no longer belong in the same sentence :lol: :lol: ). I'm also very much enjoying Young and the Restless right now. There were a lot of things I liked about JG, but Young and the Restless did have a major summer slump. It starting getting better with HS and I had thought HS had run out of gas until he took over the show.

One positive thing JG did in my opinion was the re-emergence of Adam. I like the character. I like the way he is being written now better. As someone said in a discussion on PM (I don't want to take credit for someone else's statements even in private discussions), Adam reminds me of Kevin on OLTL when he was being written by JG.

I think Young and Restless is good right now so whatever changes are under way work for me.

• Members

WAIT...are the Denney/Foster departures confirmed??? I knew Scott had left, but I wasn't sure he was taking his hires with him.

I see little hope for them all at Y&R. Rauch isn't going to want to hire people loyal to a former EP...especially not his "production" side.

I see more hope for them at B&B. B&B is trying a new production style, and maybe skilled directors could help with (what now) seems quite amateurish.

But B&B is so bad, so flawed, so awful, so destroyed, so circling the drain, so ruined, so unwatchable, so hideous...and it has fared SO badly with all of the Y&R transplants (Smith, Alden, Heather Tom)...I don't think more Y&R hires will help. They seem to lack the emotional distance from Brad Bell to slap him and help him to see the flaw/destruction/ruination/unwatchability/hideousness of his show.

Therefore, I think these people may need to leave daytime.

• Members

Yes, neither were in the updated credits Sony printed, and they were there before with Scott. Some of Tomlin's hires made the list, but obviously some of Scott's fell off.

Since Sally McDonald is now lead of directing at Y&R, she could push for rehiring them. She has a long history and relationship with them, and they'd be working for her most likely, not really Rauch.

No, unlike Griffith, Maria knows that she has no technical producing experience.

Archived