Y&R: TV Guide Confirms JG is out and his replacement!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SUCH a contrarian... :)

Sylph do you have an HDTV? Do you even have a color TV?

Because I am here to tell you, on my HDTV, Y&R is stunning. And that is not a biased comment. I have had non-fans walk into the room and see--say--the Restless Style set or EVEN Kay's set (when it is all lit, and the dining room door is open) and say "that is beautiful", "that set has depth", "look at those colors" "look at that texture".

Perhaps if you own some small old 13" black and white, you are not seeing the OBJECTIVE beauty of those Y&R sets. The good news is that your old 13" B&W analog TV will be obsolete, and then I hope you will be able to have a device that shows the show off better. The online streaming--I'm not sure if it does those marvellous sets justice.

Ugh! The shows since early August have been consistently good...certainly the best on daytime (and I realize you do not like relativism).

• Members

Oh, Kay's set had scuff marks on the walls near the dining room.

But the furniture is supposed to be "classic". And I must confess, some of the oldest sets have aged MARVELLOUSLY. They don't look dated (to me), but "stable".

Last we saw him, Ashley visited. And she said she liked the place the way it was. Thus, I am expecting an

• Members

Okay, I can agree with this. New decorations (and, IMO, fewer decorations) can always freshen things up.

Just teasing :-). I just wondered how you couldn't see the beauty of the Y&R set. With TVs like that, maybe you need your vision tested :) if you cannot see the magnificence..

• Members

I don't know if this has been discussed, but does anybody think Maria Arena Bell might institute more concrete changes to the Y&R writing style. It could be argued that the pace of the episodes had been set by Josh Griffith. With MAB now in charge of the writing completely, she can do whatever she wants with the stories.

Personally, I've never had a problem with what she has done storywise, but I know there were lynch mobs at the ready at one point.

With all the attention (understandably) being on Paul Rauch, it appears to be something that hasn't been discussed much.

Archived